Windows 10: Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

Discus and support Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looking to change the Icon of a folder in file explorer and then having that icon inherit to every subfolder. Is that possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeNJ82, Sep 18, 2019.

1. MikeNJ82 Win User

Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

Looking to change the Icon of a folder in file explorer and then having that icon inherit to every subfolder. Is that possible?

:)

MikeNJ82, Sep 18, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Aeikausar Win User
    File Explorer - List / View all files in subfolders of a folder

In File Explorer, Is there any way to list/view all files in subfolders of a folder, without using command line or windows search? Thank you

Aeikausar, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

1. Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance - Similar Threads - Changing Folder Icon

2. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: GracedHail39094 asked on on September 7, 2021 "Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the...
  3. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: GracedHail39094 asked on on September 7, 2021 "Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the...
  4. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the Documents folder, which is different from when I'm in...
  6. Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the ownership of WindowsApps folder and subfolders/files: So I've had this issue for a long while. I can change the permission of the main WindowsApps folder, and it tells me I can change the permissions for its contents to match the same, but it just.... doesn't. I mod games, and so I want to try my hand at modding files in this...
  7. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  8. unable to change c:\program files subfolder icons

unable to change c:\program files subfolder icons: when i try to change program files subfolders icons like C:\Program Files\WinRAR etc., the icons do not change at all all other icon in diffrent location like desktop or download folder changes without a problem...
  9. Files and Folders Permissions Inherited

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and Folders Permissions Inherited: So with windows 7, if i had an external drive D:\ with read and execute only permissions for user X, and these permission were inherited from the drive D:\ if user X opened the drive, selected a folder on the drive and right clicked, there would be a UAC symbol by DELETE,...
  10. Folder Owner and Inheritance spontaneously get changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Owner and Inheritance spontaneously get changed: Hi, I have a folder within my Documents folder where the ownership and inheritance keep changing, preventing me for editing files in that folder until I manually fix it. Most folders under Documents are owned by my Windows account (my Windows email address) and Inherit...