Windows 10: Changing font and font size on desktop

Discus and support Changing font and font size on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreaShoemaker1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Changing font and font size on desktop

How do I do this?

:)

AndreaShoemaker1, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2018
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Chief400 Win User

Changing font and font size on desktop

Desktop Icon Font Size Change

In Windows 10 do the following to change font SIZE of Desktop icon fonts. 1.) On the desktop, right click on the mouse button 2.) Choose "Display Settings" 3.) On this page In the center, on the bottom, click "Advance Display Settings" 4.) On this page you do not see the entire page and you must scroll down some to see the entire page. After you scroll down, on the far left of the screen (second from bottom) click "Advanced sizing of fonts and other items" 5.) This is where you can make font sizing changes. In the middle of the screen there is a gray box entitled "Title bars." Press the arrow down button within this box 6.) In the list that comes up, select "Icons" 7.) Now, the box reads "Icons." To the immediate right of this box is another box, which is the font "size" box. In the font size box, press the arrow down button and change the size from the default size of 9, to 10, 11, 12, etc (10 is good). 8.) To the immediate right of the font size box is a "Bold" check box. Put your cursor in this box and click your mouse button. It will add a check mark within the box. 9.) You have done it! Close all the boxes you have opened. Now you can read the lettering under the icons.*Cool

Chief400, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Changing font and font size on desktop

1. Changing font and font size on desktop - Similar Threads - Changing font font

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. Changing font and font size for emails

Changing font and font size for emails: Chatted with an agent and his advice got me nowhere, Does anyone out there know how to change font and font size for Windows 10, Windows mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-for-emails/9dc32edd-81ac-41d9-b62d-6bf5401b7b81
  4. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  5. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  6. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  7. desktop font size

desktop font size: How can I increase the desktop font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font-size/8b9d2e07-fe6c-42e0-ba44-6cdf98e7f655
  8. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  9. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  10. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...