Windows 10: Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

Discus and support Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After I changed the fonts in notepad from Tahoma to Times New Roman (also increasing the font sizes), I suddenly realized that all my fonts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/glans_pen, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

After I changed the fonts in notepad from Tahoma to Times New Roman (also increasing the font sizes), I suddenly realized that all my fonts in Microsoft Edge and other browsers messed up - normal letter becomes italics or becomes bold etc.

I have tried in Edge Setting - Apperance - Customized Fonts to reset the default fonts in Edge but the change does not work.

I am on Windows 10 Home 2004 (19041.572)

Your help/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

submitted by /u/glans_pen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/glans_pen, Oct 15, 2020

2. Notepad Fonts

The font file is TTF. Yep, exactly. Malgun is already installed but it does not appear in the list of fonts.

majoymeows, Oct 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Notepad Fonts

Hi majoymeows

In Notepad, when you click Format - Font, does Malgun Gothic not appear in the list of fonts?

Do you know if the font you downloaded was a TTF or OTF type of font file?

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

1. Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge. - Similar Threads - Changing Fonts Notepad

2. Font is messed up in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is messed up in Windows 11: In File Explorer, the font is not the normal font Segoe UI and is a different font that I don't know the name of.Here's my system information:OS: Windows 11 23H2, build 22631.3007Computer: HP Victus 15-fb0015nrRAM: 32GBStorage: 512GBScreenshot:Please help!...
  3. Notepad font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  4. Notepad font

Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  5. Notepad Default Font changing on reboot

Notepad Default Font changing on reboot: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Howdy Folks This should be an easy one, but ... Google only provides the obvious way to change the Notepad font, not how to make a font default. - After uninstalling a PDF editor* trial I found my Notepad font changes...
  6. How to Change Font Color in Notepad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Font Color in Notepad?: I'm trying to use Notepad to write a .txt document, and I'd like to select certain parts to change the color of the text, but there's not option for that. Looking at other sites, they state to look under Settings > Style Configurator and change it to Global Override, but my...
  7. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Font changing in Microsoft Edge: I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new,...
  8. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...
  9. Change the font used in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the font used in Edge: Hi Edge on my system appears to be using Times Roman as the default font is there anyway I can change this as it is not particularly readable on my system. I've played around with the settings that are available under Reading but it hasn't helped. As a second question...
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...