Windows 10: Changing format help please

Discus and support Changing format help please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wolffie, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Wolffie Win User

Changing format help please

How do I change the format of my forums?
    Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10.
    My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet.

Changing format help please [​IMG]

Lots of thanks in advance *Smile

:)

Wolffie, Nov 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

What you posted is unreadable, sorry. What do you mean by forums? Are you talking about forums like here at tenforums.com?

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2015
  5. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    @Wolffie The problem, as I see it, you're using a High Contrast theme, instead of an Windows Aero(normal). I just checked the link Derek gave in both Aero & High Contrast using IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome. Only Chrome shows it as it should be while using High Contrast.

So either you need to use Chrome for certain sites or use a normal Windows theme.

Cliff S, Nov 13, 2015
  7. Wolffie Win User
    Thank you. I had no idea what high contrast was but I googled it.
    My forums are now back to normal *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

Wolffie, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks Rich*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing format help please - Similar Threads - Changing format help

2. Taskbar changed (please help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar changed (please help): [IMG] ok, so I was doin' my thing, right? on my windows 10 computer and then the taskbar changed from normal to this | can anyone help? v https://preview.redd.it/gbba5qd4zge61.png?width=1918&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb4e51a7b9e89dc82ea72b0472109d919b4f4087 submitted by...
  3. [HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help: I bought a thinkpad t480 from the Netherlands and it cake shipped with a Dutch version of windows 10 home, after wiping everything, I thought it’d give an option to start over and choose English but no, so after painstakingly using google translate through the setup I finally...
  4. Please help cant format Pendrive RAW partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help cant format Pendrive RAW partition: I was using windows media creation tool, then while at 70% it got stuck and corrupted my pendrive. So far I have tried the following:- 1. Diskpart (Both GUI and CMD) 2. chkdsk (doesnt work for RAW) 3. something like low level formatting 4. Bunch of free software like Aiomi,...
  5. Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Keeps Changing - Please Help: For five days now my keyboard keeps on changing to some weird configuration. apostrophes are transposed, closing parentheses have a slash - eg /) question marks have a plus - eg +? and it ' s doing my head in! I solved it with windows button plus space bar to flip back to...
  6. Re-Formatting Problems; Help and suggestions Please (W10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-Formatting Problems; Help and suggestions Please (W10): Hello, I found a WD external 1 TB HD on my shelf that I forgot about. Would like to use again. My Mac won't recognize it, so I imagine it was initially formatted for Windows (but am not 100% sure). That's fine, as i have both a Mac and a W10 pc. So, I guess i would like to...
  7. Formatting Windos 10, help please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting Windos 10, help please!: Hi everyone, I am running Windows 10 home on my HP Pavilion Notebook and due to some problems I wanted to format my Laptop. My question is if formatting through "settings - update & security - recovery - restart this PC - delete all" everything everything gets deleted?...
  8. bookmarks & fonts changed overnight ... help please

in Browsers and Email
    bookmarks & fonts changed overnight ... help please: Hello forum For some reason it seems my bookmark folders have gone a horrible gray colour and all the fonts have gone smaller, I really do not like this look at all, it looks cold and unfriendly if you can say that about a bookmark page *Smile I am betting that this question...
  9. Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!: I had Windows 7, I never knew that green names of files meant that they were locked out. I was confused as my windows told me to take a backup of encrypted files, never knew it would turn this bad. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now I CAN'T OPEN MY OFFICE DOCUMENTS...
  10. Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help with bitlocker damaged or formatted key: hi Everyone i am new to theforum ... please help i am having problems with laptop and bitlocker... the usb with key is notworking .... please help! 59477