Windows 10: Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.

Discus and support Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed to a local user on my PC, I think this was a pop up suggestion by windows, now my laptop and PC won't communicate. I want to switch back to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterWalk, Feb 7, 2019.

1. PeterWalk Win User

Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known.

I changed to a local user on my PC, I think this was a pop up suggestion by windows, now my laptop and PC won't communicate. I want to switch back to my Microsoft account sign in on my PC Clicking 'sign in with Microsoft account instead' on 'your info' page under 'settings/accounts', I then enter my email address and Microsoft password, then I'm asked for current windows password. I don't know what this is. However, there is, supposedly as stated on the 'sign into this computer using your Microsoft account' page, the option to leave the box blank and select Next. When selected the page does not change except for a new message that 'the password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again'!

Please help. PJ

:)

PeterWalk, Feb 7, 2019

2. How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing from local user to Microsoft account user, windows password not known. - Similar Threads - Changing local user

2. swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    swapping from microsoft account user to local account user caused loading issues: Recently, I converted my microsoft account profile user to a local account user, and windows elements such as the task bar and apps, mostly windows apps Settings, Microsoft store, etc take 20+ minutes to finish loading. I tried re-adding my Microsoft account, but it would...
  3. Administration user/password not known

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user/password not known: I need to upgrade a payroll programme and do not have the Admin username/password. Previous person left acrimoniously so no help there. Any help would be good....
  4. Prompt local user account to change their default password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt local user account to change their default password?: Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first...
  5. Windows 10 User password not known.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User password not known.: Hello,My computer is used by my little sister and she has changed my password. I know the pin so i can enter. but Now i want to reset my pc's user password. Is there a way to eiter retrive the old password or reset it using the pin.regards ,MSD Clark...
  6. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  7. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  8. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. how to change a user from local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change a user from local user: How the heck do I change a user account(admin type) from being a local user, when I need to log into a network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-user-from-local-user/5cf90880-2c4d-4c06-9baa-c0dc5b894dbf
  10. How do I change a local user account password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...