Windows 10: Changing from pin to password on lock screen

Discus and support Changing from pin to password on lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On my computer a desktop I am being forced to sign in with my pin. I have forgotten my pin and want to use my password to sign in. Also when I set up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ConnerKeller, May 12, 2021.

1. Changing from pin to password on lock screen

On my computer a desktop I am being forced to sign in with my pin. I have forgotten my pin and want to use my password to sign in. Also when I set up this post I accidentally used the wrong emale and now cant get any emails from that account as I dont have that emale. So how do I change it back to my password so I can sign in? I also cant get past my lock screen as I cant sign in.

:)

ConnerKeller, May 12, 2021

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 12, 2021
  3. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, May 12, 2021
  4. Changing from pin to password on lock screen

Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Changing from pin to password on lock screen

1. Changing from pin to password on lock screen - Similar Threads - Changing pin password

2. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  3. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  4. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  5. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  6. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change from password to pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from password to pin: Last night 11/23/2020, i got a received a new windows update in the middle of the night. It changed my login from pin to password on windows 10. How can I use command prompt to change it back to pin? I dont have the old password and bitlocker is not working either....
  8. PIN change from lock screen.

PIN change from lock screen.: The HR gurus opted to set up a computer without the support guy and used a phone number and pin to set up the admin account. They have forgotten the pin. Easy enough, click forgot pin, log into the microsoft account i can do that, i could change that password, enter the...
  9. screen lock pin/password

screen lock pin/password: I simply need to change my pin/password that I have on my laptop. I remember my old one I just need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-pinpassword/2ccf2c9f-29d1-4697-9c40-ba0e2fd6e155
  10. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen: I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen? For example: My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin...