Windows 10: Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

Discus and support Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using win 10. If I change to Win 11, will my old Works 4 programmes still work without any problems? Or are they likely to be deleted? Anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KeithAnnabell, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

I am using win 10. If I change to Win 11, will my old Works 4 programmes still work without any problems? Or are they likely to be deleted? Anything else I need to know?

:)

KeithAnnabell, Mar 17, 2024

2. Trying to connect to a printer that is physically on a Win 10 computer from a Win 11 computer to no avail.

Hello Geldman,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble connecting to your printer. Since you’ve already tried the solutions suggested on the internet, here are a few more things you can try:

1. Make sure that the printer is shared on the Win 10 computer. To do this, go to the printer properties on the Win 10 computer and check the box next to “Share this printer” in the Sharing tab.
    2. Ensure that the printer is visible to other devices on the network. To do this, go to the printer properties on the Win 10 computer and check the box next to “List in the directory” in the Sharing tab.
    3. Try disabling any firewalls or antivirus software temporarily on both the Win 10 and Win 11 computers to see if that resolves the issue.
    4. Check if the printer is compatible with Windows 11. You can check the manufacturer’s website for the latest drivers and software for your printer.
    5. Try connecting the printer to a different USB port on the Win 10 computer.
    6. If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the printer to its default settings and then setting it up again.
    I hope one of these solutions works for you,

Fathia A

Fathia Abukar, Mar 17, 2024
  3. How in WIN 11 do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

Thanks, Greg.

So this is what worked, step by step.

Reboot

Drive is listed as E: in file explorer.

Drive not listed in Disk Management.

Insert DVD, it plays after short pause.

Disk management now shows Audio CD as E:

Right click, change letter to R: (while playing!)

Reboot.

Drive now shows as BD-RE drive as R: in File Explorer.

The bottom line is

- File Explorer does not provide for changing drive letter afics.

- Disk Management seems to need a disk to be in the drive for it to "see" the drive. I can't recall is this is Win 10 behaviour

I don't recall having any difficulty with this in Win 10 (its possible that the Win 10 default drive allocation was "after" my external drives; or I "just changed it").

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

RichardFlack, Mar 17, 2024
  4. Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

Queued for unenrollment of Win Insider Programme in Win 11

I am on Win 11 Version 22H2 and on Windows Insider Programme with the BETA channel.

I have applied for unenrollment in Insider updates of the BETA channel but I am still getting updates. I want to be out of the windows Insider program does anyone knows how to do it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Kishan Rajput, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

1. Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work? - Similar Threads - Changing Programme still

2. Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?: I am using win 10. If I change to Win 11, will my old Works 4 programmes still work without any problems? Or are they likely to be deleted? Anything else I need to know?...
  3. UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE FROM WIN 10 TO WIN 11?: SO I JUST BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP WITH AN WINDOWS 10 PREOFESSIONNEL LICENCE OEM: DMACTIVATEDI WANNA UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 MY LAPTOP IS COMPATIBLE BUT DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW LICENCE AND THE KEY TO ACTIVATE WIN 11 AFTER THE UPGRADE ?...
  4. Queued for unenrollment of Win Insider Programme in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queued for unenrollment of Win Insider Programme in Win 11: I am on Win 11 Version 22H2 and on Windows Insider Programme with the BETA channel.I have applied for unenrollment in Insider updates of the BETA channel but I am still getting updates. I want to be out of the windows Insider program does anyone knows how to do it? Any help...
  5. Queued for unenrollment of Win Insider Programme in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queued for unenrollment of Win Insider Programme in Win 11: I am on Win 11 Version 22H2 and on Windows Insider Programme with the BETA channel.I have applied for unenrollment in Insider updates of the BETA channel but I am still getting updates. I want to be out of the windows Insider program does anyone knows how to do it? Any help...
  6. Rollback from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback from Win 11 to Win 10: Hey, I am using HP ProBook 6470b with Win 11 version 22H2 22622.601.I have enrolled in Windows Insider Program in the channel where you get very fast updates, the fastest one when there was Win 10 in this laptop. After, getting first update mine laptop updated to Win 11 from...
  7. Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11: Why isn't an Intel Processor i7-7700 at 3.60GHz supported which would allow an upgrade from WIN 10 to WIN 11? Trusted Platform module is 2.0. All other criteria are met by my system. Thanks....
  8. Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11: Why isn't an Intel Processor i7-7700 at 3.60GHz supported which would allow an upgrade from WIN 10 to WIN 11? Trusted Platform module is 2.0. All other criteria are met by my system. Thanks....
  9. Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from win 10 to Win 11: Hi, I have Win 10 pro installed. If I upgrade to Win 11 from setting > Win update Will I get Windows 11 PRO or Win 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-to-win-11/25e6153e-07b8-47e4-b6bc-e11eeed86b46
  10. still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10: I'm still waiting for my win 10 to upgrade I reserved it back in July 15 2015 14164