Windows 10: Changing from windows home to education

Discus and support Changing from windows home to education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I understand windows education has extra features and stuff, will i need to reinstall windows if i manually enter an education key into the change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vxneji, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Vxneji Win User

Changing from windows home to education

I understand windows education has extra features and stuff, will i need to reinstall windows if i manually enter an education key into the change product key thing? or does it just unlock the extra features ?

currently on home edition

:)

Vxneji, Sep 11, 2020

2. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Changing from windows home to education

Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: Download Windows 10 Academic ISO

Changing from windows home to education 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Changing from windows home to education 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Changing from windows home to education

1. Changing from windows home to education - Similar Threads - Changing home education

2. Change from Windows 11 Educational

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from Windows 11 Educational: I got a new desktop and was setting it up. My university offers free Windows 11, but I did not realize it was the educational version. I signed up with that key and now I cannot login to my personal Microsoft account and have many apps and programs not allowed because it is...
  3. Windows 11 Home changed to Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home changed to Windows 11 Education: Yesterday, I updated my computer and an error message showed up saying that my Windows has not been activated. This is strange because I have had this computer for almost a year, and nothing has ever happened. After troubleshooting it, I get his error"We can't activate...
  4. Windows 11 Home changed to Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home changed to Windows 11 Education: Yesterday, I updated my computer and an error message showed up saying that my Windows has not been activated. This is strange because I have had this computer for almost a year, and nothing has ever happened. After troubleshooting it, I get his error"We can't activate...
  5. Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home: I have two PCs, and I have just built a new PC with Windows 10 Education License on it that I got from the school that I attend. My previous computer has Windows 10 Home that I purchases from Microsoft. I decided that I want to have the Home license on my new PC and the...
  6. Broken windows10 after changing from home to education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken windows10 after changing from home to education: When I first bought this PC [This Is My Second PC] , it already had windows 10 Home installed and pre-activated. I am in insider Preview, Developer channel. I had my main Windows 10 Education Product key so I entered it. After switching from home to education, I notice that...
  7. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...
  8. Installing windows home from education

Installing windows home from education: Can you let me know how to change windows education to Windows home for free I have taken the backup and everything and I have downloaded the latest Windows iso file...
  9. I want to change from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home

I want to change from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home: Hello, When I built my computer, I used a key that let me get Windows 10 Education, but not actually activate it. Recently while cleaning out some stuff, I found my old windows 10 home key. How do I change what version of windows I am using without losing my data?...
  10. Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home

Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home: Hi, I bought a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. While I've been at university, I used a licence provided by them to upgrade to Windows Education. Now I'm finishing university, I want to revert back to the Home edition. I've seen instructions about downloading the...