Windows 10: Changing functions on keys on mouses

Discus and support Changing functions on keys on mouses in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanSeenarine, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Changing functions on keys on mouses

I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games. But one of the button are preset to open a recent window that has been opened.(EX: I'm on Fortnite I click this button and it opens a different window) I want to change this preset so I can use this button in my gaming. Any solutions to the problem?

:)

IanSeenarine, Dec 17, 2018

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Mouse functions poorly

Hi Steve,

Let us isolate the issue with the function of your mouse by providing us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried using another mouse on your device? If yes, what is the result?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Changing functions on keys on mouses

Mouse Scroll Wheel changes windows in some web sites

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with the performance of your mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or a Bluetooth mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse? If yes, what is the result?
    • Have you tried using your current mouse to a different computer? If yes, how was it?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For possible resolution, we suggest that you check and try the troubleshooting steps from the articles below:

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Changing functions on keys on mouses

1. Changing functions on keys on mouses - Similar Threads - Changing functions keys

2. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  3. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  4. Function keys changing again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys changing again and again: Hey,I have an annoying problem: often times, my function keys will start moving around. In my laptop, a combination of Fn+right arrow should be the equivallent of "End" on a classic keyboard. However, often times this stops working, and instead "Delete" starts acting like...
  5. Function keys changing again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys changing again and again: Hey,I have an annoying problem: often times, my function keys will start moving around. In my laptop, a combination of Fn+right arrow should be the equivallent of "End" on a classic keyboard. However, often times this stops working, and instead "Delete" starts acting like...
  6. Change what the Function key does

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  7. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...
  8. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  9. Changing Key Function on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Key Function on HP Laptop: Somehow (%!**) the key for the @ sign on my HP laptop has shifted from the correct location to another key. Can anyong help me get it back to where it should be (i.e. on the '2' key? Thanks...
  10. how to change function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...