Windows 10: Changing guest account to administrator account

Discus and support Changing guest account to administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quark_, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Quark_ Win User

Changing guest account to administrator account

Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use any admin settingsPlease help

:)

Quark_, Sep 24, 2022
  2. decimus Win User

Managing guest account as administrator

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

decimus, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Managing guest account as administrator

I created a local account called Visitor and made it a member of Guests by running Netplwiz. You can run Netplwiz, select your guest account and click the Properties button. Temporarily make yours an administrator, make your changes, then set it back to just being a member of Guests.

Changing guest account to administrator account [​IMG]

4. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Changing guest account to administrator account - Similar Threads - Changing guest account

2. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  5. Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest

Accidentally changed my only Administrator account to Guest: Hello,As the subject suggests, I accidentally changed my only admin account to guest today. The account is also my Microsoft account, and I don't have any other accounts on my computer. So I ended up with only a guest account and can't use my laptop to its full potential....
  6. Change Administrator Guest

Change Administrator Guest: Ran net user in cmd and noticed that the Administrator was set to guest. Went to setting and check if I was the only admin visible and I am. Guest account is not visible. How do I change that admin slot from Guest to my admin log in?? Thanks for the help, Ty....
  7. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  8. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  9. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  10. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...