Windows 10: Changing Hard disk on System

Discus and support Changing Hard disk on System in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD. Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MithunMohan1, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Changing Hard disk on System

Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD.

Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD?

:)

MithunMohan1, Jan 27, 2021

2. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Changing Hard disk on System

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Changing Hard disk on System

1. Changing Hard disk on System - Similar Threads - Changing Hard disk

2. Change of hard disk on laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of hard disk on laptop: i want to upgrade my hard drive by replacing current one, how can i transfer windows licenses to new hard drive in a same laptop, i bought laptop in2012 with windows 7, later i bought from local store an upgrade to windows 10 pro....
  3. Reactivation after change of hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  4. change the hard disk with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change the hard disk with an SSD: am un lap top...vechi2010vreau sa schimb hard discul cu un SSD dar am inteles ca apoi trebuie reinstalat WINDOWS ul !acest Windows l am cumparat de pe net , mi s a dat o cheie de produs ,l am instalat , functioneaza !ACUM , pentru reinstalare , pe același dispozitiv , unde...
  5. Changing hard disk drive priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing hard disk drive priority: Alright, so I have 2 SSD's in my computer, one Samsung and one off brand. When going into the BIOS boot menu I find that the number one prioritized hard drive is the so called "Windows Boot Manager" and the second one is the Samsung it says its full name. So the question is...
  6. Change Hard Disk

Change Hard Disk: My computer is runing Windows 10free upgrade digital license. What is the most appropriate method to change my hard disk without the need to contact Microsoft Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-hard-disk/45d7c5da-fcab-4c57-a4bd-e09a3bbb7c12
  7. Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.: My hard disk is used approx. equally the same percent as any other app being currently used (either in background else foreground). This reduces the performance because for even transferring a file form one partition to another in same drive speed gets reduced to 50% what it...
  8. ReFS File System on Hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS File System on Hard disk: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused....
  9. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  10. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...