Windows 10: Changing Hard drive and reinstall software

Discus and support Changing Hard drive and reinstall software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to update my hard drive to a newer faster model. I am told that I can register my microsoft software so that I don't have to repurchase it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian MacAU, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Ian MacAU Win User

Changing Hard drive and reinstall software

Hi,

I want to update my hard drive to a newer faster model. I am told that I can register my microsoft software so that I don't have to repurchase it when I get the new hard drive and reinstall Office/Outlook. Is this correct if so how do I do it please?

:)

Ian MacAU, Nov 21, 2020

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 21, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Changing Hard drive and reinstall software :)

badrobot, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing Hard drive and reinstall software - Similar Threads - Changing Hard drive

2. Format hard drive and reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format hard drive and reinstallation: Hello,If I format the hard drive how do I go about reinstalling Windows and 365,? I have a Microsoft account recovery code but what about office? the last time i did anything like this you haddisks.RD...
  3. Format hard drive and reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format hard drive and reinstallation: Hello,If I format the hard drive how do I go about reinstalling Windows and 365,? I have a Microsoft account recovery code but what about office? the last time i did anything like this you haddisks.RD...
  4. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  5. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  6. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Change of hard drive in PC with windows - Need to reinstall it

Change of hard drive in PC with windows - Need to reinstall it: Dear Microsoft community, I bought a PC Levono Yoga 530 with Windows installed on it. However, I had to change the PC hard drive because the previous one had an issue. Thus, I lost Windows since it is not installed on my new hard drive. I currently installed a version of...
  8. How to change hard drive without reinstalling?

How to change hard drive without reinstalling?: Lately the hard drive makes strange noises and starts to work very slowly, I would like to change to a new one but without having to reinstall anything, how could I do it? thanks....
  9. Software to Clean Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Software to Clean Hard Drive: Good morning, I would like to thank everyone for all of the help I have received with my problem. However, I could not get the hard drive cleaned. Is there a software that TECHS use to clean the hard drive? I willing to buy it today. 101333
  10. Hard Drive Image Software

Hard Drive Image Software: Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade. Can anyone recommend a good Image Burner Software that won't cost a fortune ? Does anything exist in Windows 8.1 that I might use ? Thanks,...