Windows 10: Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

Discus and support Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello five months ago my HDD was corrupted so I brought it to service shop and they changed my HDD and reinstalled windows in it. What I didn't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Maulida, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Maulida Win User

Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

Hello five months ago my HDD was corrupted so I brought it to service shop and they changed my HDD and reinstalled windows in it. What I didn't know was they installed a different windows license with the one I had in my previous HDD which will expired after 180 days. Now I have 30 days left until it's expired.

I tried to activate the windows with the product key of windows that I found in my previous HDD but it said the product key didn't work error code: 0xc004f050.

Is there any solution for this issue or should I buy another windows license?

:)

Maulida, Jan 1, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 1, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

1. Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue - Similar Threads - Changing Hard Drive

2. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  3. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  4. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive: Hello all:I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled. Recently, I had a problem with the hard drive on this laptop and took the machine to a shop, where they installed a new hard drive on my machine the former HD is still installed on the machine as an extra drive, but...
  6. Activation After Change of Hard Drive

Activation After Change of Hard Drive: I have just purchased a new SSD hard drive for my PC and have successfully created a boot DVD using the Media Creation Tool. I am about to install Windows 10 Pro to my aging Dell Vostro 430. Under "Activation" in "Settings" it states "Windows is activated with a digital...
  7. Windows activation failure due to hard drive change

Windows activation failure due to hard drive change: Hi, Recently I had to replace my Hard drive as my previous hard driveSATA got corruptedNot working. For the new Hard DriveSSD i installed the windows, but it didn't get activated with windows. My lap was pre-installed with widows. The model is ASUS F556UV. Now It isn't...
  8. [SOLVED] Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue

[SOLVED] Changing Hard Drive - Windows Activation Issue: Hello five months ago my HDD was corrupted so I brought it to service shop and they changed my HDD and reinstalled windows in it. What I didn't know was they installed a different windows license with the one I had in my previous HDD which will expired after 180 days. Now I...
  9. Windows Activation after hard drive change

Windows Activation after hard drive change: I've recently changed out my SSD and reinstalled Windows on the new one. Ever since I have troubles with activating Windows. When I choose the troubleshoot option, then choose "I recently changed hardware on this device" I always get the message "Unable to activate Windows We...
  10. Windows activation - changing hard drives

Windows activation - changing hard drives: Hi I'm considering changing my boot drive, currently a standard drive for and SSD and then reinstalling Windows on it. Will that have an affect on Windows reactivating on my computer due to a hardware change? My current install was from the free updates some while back....