Windows 10: Changing how photos are saved

Discus and support Changing how photos are saved in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I inserted a SD card from my camera I accidently clicked for the photos to go to the default Photo app. I want to change the default to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeniseDalman, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Changing how photos are saved

When I inserted a SD card from my camera I accidently clicked for the photos to go to the default Photo app. I want to change the default to my Dropbox account, but when I insert another SD card with photos I no longer get the list with options. How do I get the default to be Dropbox or at the very least, get the list of options when I insert a SD card? Thank you.

:)

DeniseDalman, Oct 15, 2019

2. Change photo tags for upload...not afterwards

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to sort the photos by date in the saved location and check if it helps.

To do so, follow the below steps:

• Open the folder where the photos are saved.

• Click on View tab.

• Click Group by, then click Date.
    Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Changing how photos are saved

How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Changing how photos are saved

1. Changing how photos are saved - Similar Threads - Changing photos are

2. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  3. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  4. How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?: When cropping and saving photos, the "save as" menu doesn't pop up when I try to save a copy of it. Instead, the image automatically saves with a default name. e.g. I'm trying to save the image 001.jpg and I want to crop a certain part of it to name it 001-1. jpg . Instead of...
  5. How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?

How do you change save settings in Microsoft Photos?: When cropping and saving photos, the "save as" menu doesn't pop up when I try to save a copy of it. Instead, the image automatically saves with a default name. e.g. I'm trying to save the image 001.jpg and I want to crop a certain part of it to name it 001-1. jpg . Instead of...
  6. Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes

Photos doesn't register/save crop changes, but will save other changes: HelloHope somebody can help, as I'm at my wits end. When I open a photo in Microsoft Photos and crop it and save it, then Photos just doesn't register/save these changes. I can get it to save other changes vignette etc.. I use custom settingswhen cropping, and it's like the...
  7. how to change save path after editing photos using Microsoft photo editor?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change save path after editing photos using Microsoft photo editor?: when i use my laptop to edit photos it lets me chose where i save the photos however now I'm editing them on my pc it wont let me chose where i save the photos and its beginning to become quite annoying as i want them saved in a different location to where they are saving...
  8. how to save a photo as a jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to save a photo as a jpeg: I can no longer save photos to my laptop as jpegs. What's the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-photo-as-a-jpeg/c228e83f-3c7e-4912-82b9-cc39313bf1c6
  9. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  10. Saving photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving photos: I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10. I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have...