Windows 10: Changing icon size on desktop

Discus and support Changing icon size on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GretchenWashburn, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Changing icon size on desktop

Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular size? Thank you.

:)

GretchenWashburn, Dec 11, 2018

2. How to change the size of desktop icons on Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about size of desktop icons.

Try the below steps to change of the desktop icons and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop, over the mouse on View option.
    • You will find Large icons, Medium icons,
      Small icons
    • Choose the option you wish to.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Changing icon size on desktop

Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Changing icon size on desktop

1. Changing icon size on desktop - Similar Threads - Changing icon size

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. how to change icon size on desktop

how to change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-on-desktop/b7843bff-0843-401b-a295-3b71ce3068a0
  6. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  7. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  8. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  9. change size of taskbar and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    change size of taskbar and desktop icons: The icons on my desktop icons suddenly got huge and all could not fit on the screen. Simultaneously, the taskbar icons got very small. I had not done anything intentionally to cause this. I tried clicking settings I got pressing the windows button (lower lft of screen). I...
  10. Permanently change desktop icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently change desktop icon size: Does anybody know how to change the desktop icon size permanently? I know you can change the size with Alt+ScrollWheel or through the View context menu on the Desktop. But those changes revert whenever Explorer is restarted (including when it decides to restart itself for...