Windows 10: Changing icons back to pictures.

Discus and support Changing icons back to pictures. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Most of my pictures are icons. How do I make them all Pictures? The "show icons not pics" box is not checked so that is not the problem. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanH1, Oct 12, 2019.

1. JeanH1 Win User

Changing icons back to pictures.

Most of my pictures are icons. How do I make them all Pictures? The "show icons not pics" box is not checked so that is not the problem. Everything was fine until the cable guy came to replace a few boxes. I don't know if he did something...I don't think so...but this is driving me crazy!! I want all my pictures

:)

JeanH1, Oct 12, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Changing icons back to pictures.

1. Changing icons back to pictures. - Similar Threads - Changing icons pictures

2. How to change Icon picture on laptop screen back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Icon picture on laptop screen back to original: Hello, I was messing with my icon personalization settings and changed the icon picture. I regret doing so because now I can’t change it back to the original Xbox icon picture instead it’s a blank piece of paper and the Xbox logo doesn’t appear when I click change icon....
  3. How to change Icon picture on laptop screen back to original

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Icon picture on laptop screen back to original: Hello, I was messing with my icon personalization settings and changed the icon picture. I regret doing so because now I can’t change it back to the original Xbox icon picture instead it’s a blank piece of paper and the Xbox logo doesn’t appear when I click change icon....
  4. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  5. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  6. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  7. My l9ckscreen always changes back to this picture...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My l9ckscreen always changes back to this picture...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Skull001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd8xr1/my_l9ckscreen_always_changes_back_to_this_picture/
  8. Back ground picture with Icons on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Back ground picture with Icons on top: I set up a back ground picture and had my icons on top. Later when ya'll had done a update , now my back ground picture went away and I have a white desk top now and my icons are show up as wrote out or in the boxs. I would like to set it back up the way it was. Picture with...
  9. MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures": My Microsoft Account picture reverts to a picture that has been deleted. Despite my best efforts: 1. I have changed picture in Settings / Account 2. Then deleted the picture in Users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Account/Pictures Regardless, old picture will eventually...
  10. Change or Restore Pictures Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Pictures Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Pictures Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Pictures Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Pictures folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how to...