Windows 10: Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10

Discus and support Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to set up custom icons for my taskbar. I've done all but Windows Mail, which I can't figure out how to change. Online searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [-.-.-.-], Oct 21, 2018.

1. [-.-.-.-] Win User

Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10

Hello!

I'm trying to set up custom icons for my taskbar. I've done all but Windows Mail, which I can't figure out how to change. Online searching seems to indicate that an .exe file doesn't exist. Is there another way to give it an icon?

Also, the newest version of google chrome lets you have seperate profiles. I can change the shortcut icon on my taskbar, but when it opens a window the icon for that profile's session is still the default.

If there's not a "real" way to do it, is there a way I can replace the icon files themselves with my own?

:)

[-.-.-.-], Oct 21, 2018
  2. Hugh Tash Win User

how do I change google chrome icon?

If you want to change Google Chrome icon that is shown on the Windows Taskbar once Google Chrome is started, then you should follow this link:

http://superuser.com/questions/613851/is-it-possible-to-customize-taskbar-icons-if-so-how

The answer is given in comments: you need to change icons that are stored in chrome.dll using Resource Tuner (use Trial version) or Resource Hacker (free).

I've used IcoFX (Trial version) to generate various .ico icons.

Currently I'm running 4 separate instances of Google Chrome v37.0.2062.124. One instance is installed and three other instances of Google Chrome are portable, downloaded from:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

Here's how my Windows 7 Taskbar looks like when all 4 instances of Chrome are opened:

Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10 a024621496637cbdc2ad85324ed5e8e07b9f5453.jpg

Hugh Tash, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10

1. Changing icons for windows mail and google chrome on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing icons mail

2. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...: Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar. Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail: A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows...
  4. Google Chrome Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  5. google chrome with windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome with windows 10?: can i use google chrome with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-with-windows-10/727657f9-a7cf-477d-9780-0bb9e54b23a2
  6. Google Chrome Windows 10

Google Chrome Windows 10: I would like to know how to activate autofill on my pc with Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-windows-10/ba8bd517-6942-44c5-9e03-02c1f89f1108
  7. Google Chrome icons.

Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...
  8. Google Chrome for Windows 10

Google Chrome for Windows 10: I'm trying to install Google Chrome and I'm getting error code 57. Why does this happen? Why can not I install Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-for-windows-10/1cb632d3-a0d0-4f3c-8fe2-420b64714462
  9. WINDOWS 10 Google Chrome

WINDOWS 10 Google Chrome: I need help to access google chrome in WINDOWS 10; The link on my bar will not respond nor does my icon when I double click it. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-google-chrome/51c6ebb2-54e5-4c17-a0c2-e61d84ef19fd
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...