Windows 10: changing information on my account

Discus and support changing information on my account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to change account information and administrater. no edit option. separated from spouse she kept computer. I got a new one but still shows her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mike wayne, Jun 9, 2021.

1. changing information on my account

I want to change account information and administrater. no edit option. separated from spouse she kept computer. I got a new one but still shows her and I as administrer. when I sign in on my computer it asks for pin but shows my name and hers. just want my name to appear. need to change pin to password also mike

:)

mike wayne, Jun 9, 2021

2. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

changing information on my account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

changing information on my account

1. changing information on my account - Similar Threads - changing information account

2. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  3. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed: Note - This is a new account I created using the same email that used to be attached to the old account.About a month ago my Microsoft account was hacked and all the information was changed. I contacted Microsoft support and they told me that they found unauthorized access to...
  5. Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed

Microsoft Account Hacked - Security Information Changed: Note - This is a new account I created using the same email that used to be attached to the old account.About a month ago my Microsoft account was hacked and all the information was changed. I contacted Microsoft support and they told me that they found unauthorized access to...
  6. How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?

How do I change my administrative user information tied to my Microsoft account?: Hi. I typically use a Mac, but have a PC for research. When I set up the PC and linked it to my Microsoft account, it was before my divorce. Every time I log in now, I see my old name and the photo I used to set up my computer. My Microsoft account is up to date, but it...
  7. Account was hacked with all security information changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account was hacked with all security information changed: As the subject suggests, one of my Microsoft accounts was hacked and I can't recover it because the person who did it replaced all the security information. I hadn't used the account in a few months, so I didn't check for any security alerts Microsoft sent, of which there...
  8. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced: I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my...
  9. My login information changed for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    My login information changed for no reason: I have multiple computers in my home. We have our own MS login and accounts. Today I log into my desktop and my husband's information is on there. His log in information. His background picture and colors. They took over my computer. I went to settings and saw his name and...
  10. Locked account - no information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked account - no information: Hi, I've got a problem and can't seem to reach any human being from tech support, while the suggestions on the Support Website are not helpful to me. After the latest data breach I wanted to reset all my passwords and did the very stupid thing of resetting Windows before I...