Windows 10: Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

Discus and support Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to boot Ubuntu 20.04.1 from a flash drive to my Windows 10 PC. When I enter the boot menu I can select the drive and I get as far as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMW2048, Feb 7, 2021.

1. JMW2048 Win User

Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

I'm trying to boot Ubuntu 20.04.1 from a flash drive to my Windows 10 PC. When I enter the boot menu I can select the drive and I get as far as "Install Ubuntu" before it tells me I have to disable Intel RST in the BIOS menu before Ubuntu can install. The only other option in the BIOS menu for that category is AHCI but changing Intel RST to this causes Windows 10 to bluescreen with the message "Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE." What do I have to do to be able to cleanly dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu without either of them declaring my settings invalid?

:)

JMW2048, Feb 7, 2021
  2. SagyAssor Win User

AHCI to RST

Yes I changed SATA mode is bios FROM RST to AHCI (not RAID but maybe it's the same?).

I already tried changing SATA mode to RST which caused a blue screen (inaccessible_boot_device), when I changed it back to AHCI windows booted normally.

So how do I clean install Windows 10 since I got it installed on my laptop when I bought the laptop (it's my first laptop, and my first windows 10 so I don't really know).

SagyAssor, Feb 7, 2021
  3. SagyAssor Win User
    AHCI to RST

Hello,

I got a laptop with Windows 10 installed on it.

I changed SATA mode from RST to AHCI in order to use Linux dual-boot alongside windows. (also did some changed in the registry)

Now I want to change it back, I switched from AHCI to RST which caused blue screen (inaccessible_boot_device), I switched back to AHCI and now it boots normally.

How do I do it? I don't mind formatting my windows (my PC needs a little bit of cleaning anyway).

Thank you in advanced!

SagyAssor, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

System can’t boot from AHCI to Intel RST(raid0)

I use my drivers in AHCI mode but i can setup 2 of them to work in raid0, the problem is that after I switch from AHCI to Intel RST the system won’t boot and will infinitely restart until I switch back to AHCI. I need help to make it work and boot!

NikitaBogatiy, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

1. Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot - Similar Threads - Changing Intel RST

2. Can't restore Windows 11 after changing BIOS RAID RST to AHCI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't restore Windows 11 after changing BIOS RAID RST to AHCI: I need to change my BIOS from RAID/RST to AHCI to support a dual-boot configuration.I took care to create a Windows 11 System Image on an external drive and a System Repair DVD before doing anything else.However, after making the change, and then using the System Repair disc...
  3. Can't restore Windows 11 after changing BIOS RAID RST to AHCI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't restore Windows 11 after changing BIOS RAID RST to AHCI: I need to change my BIOS from RAID/RST to AHCI to support a dual-boot configuration.I took care to create a Windows 11 System Image on an external drive and a System Repair DVD before doing anything else.However, after making the change, and then using the System Repair disc...
  4. AHCI and RST, for Ubuntu dual boot installation with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AHCI and RST, for Ubuntu dual boot installation with Windows 11: Hello! when i try to make a dual boot installation with Ubuntu, it asked me to change the SATA mode to AHCI, but when i do it Windows stop working, i have already set to 0 the start and DWORD of iaStorV and storahci, but it doesn't work, i have also tried in the command...
  5. AHCI and RST, for Ubuntu dual boot installation with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AHCI and RST, for Ubuntu dual boot installation with Windows 11: Hello! when i try to make a dual boot installation with Ubuntu, it asked me to change the SATA mode to AHCI, but when i do it Windows stop working, i have already set to 0 the start and DWORD of iaStorV and storahci, but it doesn't work, i have also tried in the command...
  6. Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.: Does anybody know whether the Intel RST drivers (in AHCI mode) perform better than the Windows installed SATA drivers? Has anyone uninstalled RST drivers? I get a warning that I will not be able to uninstall them. [img] 168770
  7. AHCI to RST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AHCI to RST: Hello, I've been messing around a little bit with Linux dual boot so i had to switch from RST to AHCI and change some stuff in the registry. Now I want to switch back from AHCI to RST without causing any damage, I don't mind to format my Windows 10 if necessary (need to...
  8. Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI: For various reasons, I am attempting to change my system from Intel RST to AHCI. I followed the various guides I have found on the internet to go about this. Here was my process: 1. cmd: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal 2. regedit: changed...
  9. Fail to Boot after Intel RST Install - Repair Apparently Impossible

Fail to Boot after Intel RST Install - Repair Apparently Impossible: Upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 a week ago. 120G SSD, Windows image sits on 111 gig partition with a 450mb "recovery" partition showing up (??) in disk management and diskpart. Installed Intel RST drivers today and it has been downhill ever since. File system looks intact...
  10. Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop

Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop: I have a MySN XMG U716 (Clevo P775DM1) that I got with two 256Gb Samung 951 NVMe PCIe SSD's, initially in RAID 1. I later decided to break this RAID array because I wanted the extra 256Gb for games etc, and I broke the array by setting them to Non-Raid but leaving RAID mode...