Windows 10: Changing key sequence without language option

Discus and support Changing key sequence without language option in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I need to be able to switch between Japanese and English languages in Respondus Lockdown browser for a university course I'm taking. However, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/etynen, Jan 7, 2020.

1. /u/etynen Win User

Changing key sequence without language option

Hi,

I need to be able to switch between Japanese and English languages in Respondus Lockdown browser for a university course I'm taking. However, the lack of a language option (known bug in Windows 10) is preventing me from doing so.

https://support.respondus.com/suppo...base/Article/View/210/0/accents-for-languages

This is the link I was given:

For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 computers: Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language. Click on "add a language" to add an input language. Once done, you can go to Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region and under the "Language" header click on "change input methods"

The other option is to change the modifier keys for keyboard switching in the Windows Control Panel->Region and Language->Keyboard and Languages->Change Keyboard...->Advanced Key Settings->"Change Key Sequence".

Neither of these options seem available without the "Language" setting. Is there anything I can do to type Japanese in the Lockdown Browser?

submitted by /u/etynen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/etynen, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

language key sequence "Ctrl + number" are missing for selection for some language input.

Hi Jzimy,

One of the possible reasons why your language key sequence are not working properly can be due to the keyboard settings of your device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask the following
    questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows 10 that you’re using on all of your devices? To check, type winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What application are you using to bind this key sequence?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 7, 2020
  3. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Add keyboard language that can change only in language bar.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you use Grave accent button to switch between input languages and want to use it to switch between only two languages. Currently, if we set the option to switch between input languages using the Grave accent button, it will allow
    you to switch between all the installed input languages.

However, we can assign key sequence for particular languages and see if that helps. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Devices and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Advanced
      keyboard
      settings.
    4. Now, click on Language bar options.
    5. Click on Advanced key settings.
    6. Now, click on any installed language and click on
      Change Key Sequence
    7. Click on Enable Key Sequence and select the desired key sequence.

We would also suggest you to post a feedback in the Microsoft
    Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing key sequence without language option - Similar Threads - Changing key sequence

2. How to change Key Sequence to Change Input Language in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Key Sequence to Change Input Language in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to change the key sequence to change Input Language in Windows 11, here is what you need to do. You can change the keyboard shortcut that lets you switch between various Input Languages in your Windows 11 computer. Let’s assume that you have installed more...
  3. Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century: Hi,Guys, I'm facing this problem since first release of windows 10. I have three keyboard languages set, Georgian, Russian and English. Switching between them by SHIFT + ALT every time is pain in the ****!! When I set key sequence in advanced keyboard settings to switch...
  4. Change Key Sequence result

Change Key Sequence result: Hello, Is there a way to change the result of the key sequence Shift + ` + a to have an 'ã' instead of an 'ä'? I'm using United States-International for my keyboard....
  5. Language change Hot Keys

Language change Hot Keys: Hello, I would like to ask this question regarding a recent mini-problem I came across. Today when I tried to change language using Win key and space it didn't and after a lot of digging in the settings of my system I found that this combination turned on and off Game mode,...
  6. Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store: Hello, I changed my current region to Japan because I'm leaving there, and also to have prices in yen in the Windows store. But know I got some stuff in Japanese in the app. How can I change my region and ONLY the region, not any language features, or, at least, only change...
  7. Change month and day names language without change the whole system language

Change month and day names language without change the whole system language: Hello All, So I have a Windows 10 Pro - 64bit and I want to edit something in Windows Language I set Language for non-Unicode Programs to English - US And I want Months and days names to be in ARABIC Language in the calender and in CLOCK/Time Like Month : April - to...
  8. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  9. Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding language to keyboard without changing the computers language: I'm trying to add korean language to my keyboard layout but everytime I try to set up the language of my computer change too. I just want to type in korean language. thank you...
  10. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"