Windows 10: Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

Discus and support Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a spanish keyboard?

What i want to know is if i buy a laptop here in Mexico and its in spanish... and it uses windows 10... could i make it into english or not? If so, how would i do it and would i need to buy a windows 10 english version in order to do this? Because i cannot get a laptop from amazon.com shipped here etc.

Thanks

:)

paulyjustin, Jan 25, 2018
  2. Linda-SCL Win User

How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro.

I bought a laptop in Chile with Windows 10 Home. The issue is the license if for Single language. The default is Spanish. If I upgrade to Pro will I be able to change the display language from Spanish to English?

Linda-SCL, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Product code Nokia E70

I have an AZERTY keyboard, but in the configuration i can change the language, and the keysboard distribution. Can i change spanish language and french keyboard? I have a laptop from france and i have installed windows xp spanish version with the same
    method.

rengel---01, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

Hi there. Yes you can. It's very simple in 10.

Open settings >Time & Language > Region & Language > Add a language. Select from options your desired language. Make it default by clicking on it and choosing "set as default". You can also remove the languages that is not default.

Tony K, Jan 25, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    Just make sure you don't buy one with a single language edition of Windows.

Windows 10 Single Language - It can be installed with the only selected language. You cannot change or upgrade later on to a different language.

(Sorry, I have no idea as to whether you could subsequently clean install a non-single language edition with the same license)

dalchina, Jan 25, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    When you purchase a laptop there may be a display model in the store.
    You could ask the salesperson if the preinstalled windows operating system is the same on computers in sealed boxes.
    Then you could run some commands on the display model to see if it has windows home or professional and check languages.

zbook, Jan 25, 2018
  7. Tony K Win User
    Excellent input guys. Didn't think of the single language edition. Wonder if that's common with OEMs.

Tony K, Jan 25, 2018
  8. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

Hi there thanks for that information. One other question. So i could change the language with the setting. How do i know if that computer is single language only? Also it would work normally like a windows 10 laptop right once i change it to english?

Another thing i want to ask. But say the laptop is a lenovo laptop thats spanish keyboard and everything. I assume its not possible to replace that keyboard with an english keyboard right? Like you know how people need to replace keyboard in the laptop and have to get a new one, well there isn't an english keyboard that would fit into the spanish laptop right... thus to make it like its english laptop?

Another thing i want to ask. Whether its a spanish or english laptop and say its windows 10, how easy/hard is it to completely wipe out the laptop and everything in it if i were to say use it for a while, then want to wipe it out completely where everything is not there anymore and then i want to sell it. I ask this because i probably would be using it for a short time until i could get an english laptop. Thus i want to use it temporarily but afterwards i want to sell it and then before i do that, i want to wipe out everything. Such that someone who buy the laptop from me wouldn't have access to any files i have on my computer. Is there a way to do this 100 percent? And if so, would i need a special program or anything like that?

Thanks.

paulyjustin, Feb 11, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    Single language?
    how do know if windows 10 is a single language pack - Microsoft Community

Yes, except for any keyboard related issues.

- changing things like that can be messy, depends on the laptop. Sorry, don't know. Only had 1 apart to date.
    Very easy- just search for programs. You'll find freeware or plenty of advice on how to do that.
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English? [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 11, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    In the left lower corner search type: dxdiag > click on the dxdiag run command > view the opening windows where it displays the operating system and language.
    If you want more confirmation you can run either or both an administrative command prompt command or an administrative powershell command:
    administrative command prompt: Lpksetup /u
    administrative powershell: Get-WinUserLanguageList

There are computer manufacturers that have a lot of government accounts (HP etc.)
    In the BIOS there is a feature that cleans the drives (secure erase).
    The governments regulated the degree to which employees must clean their drives to pass the regulations.

There are televison shows (mostly fiction) where forensic labs are capable of getting past these tools.
    However for the most part the next consumer that purchases the computer is unlikely to have these tools and your privacy is highly likely to be maintained.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

1. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English? - Similar Threads - Changing Language Laptop

2. Spanish language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spanish language: Hello, my job is to translate English documents into Spanish, but I had to get a new laptop and I can't figure out how to type in Spanish now. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-language/50ad64db-d8d7-45c8-bc5b-c1de81a11c7c
  3. Language change from Deutsch to English

Language change from Deutsch to English: I am buying a Lenovo laptop, and in the description it says that the OS is windows 10 pro Deutsch/German. For some other model it says windows 10 pro Deutsch, English, French etc. What does this mean actually? Does this mean that the model installed with German OS will...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Home Single Language versions from Spanish to English: I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Spanish version installed on laptop. Can I reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language English version and use the original product key that came with the Spanish edition?...
  5. Translator English-Spanish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  6. spanish to english

spanish to english: just bopught a pc and its all in Spanish windows 10 how to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spanish-to-english/d0f15356-260a-4758-8427-6b13f9d869e5
  7. why has mail subject changed to spanish from english?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why has mail subject changed to spanish from english?: how can't I get my aol mail subject from Spanish to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-mail-subject-changed-to-spanish-from/86a61659-7563-4395-b5b9-67836422a239
  8. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  9. Change Language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?...
  10. Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.

in Browsers and Email
    Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.: Somehow my wife switched her FaceBook page to Spanish, and I want to get it back to English. I Googled it but the instructions tell me how to do it based on the English menu's, which aren't there now. Or what is posted doesn't jive with what I see on screen. Outdated or...