Windows 10: Changing licensed user in winver

Discus and support Changing licensed user in winver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the name of the licensed user from "Windows User" to my name? In Vista, by default, it used to say my name, if I remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Md. Abu Sakib, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Changing licensed user in winver

Is there a way to change the name of the licensed user from "Windows User" to my name?

In Vista, by default, it used to say my name, if I remember correctly, and probably in Windows 7 too...

Changing licensed user in winver 1389bc6b-7c82-489a-82c6-504198bf1116?upload=true.png

Best regards,
    Sakib

:)

Md. Abu Sakib, Jan 15, 2019

2. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

Hi Rickie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

It is the license agreement which is agreed by users that they use Microsoft product. For more information I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R”.

• Type “winver”.

• You will get the pop up screen about the Windows 10 license, there I suggest you to click on
      “Microsoft software license terms” and go through the policy terms and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Changing licensed user in winver

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Changing licensed user in winver

1. Changing licensed user in winver - Similar Threads - Changing licensed user

2. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  3. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  4. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Winver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  6. Winver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  7. Winver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Winver shows Windows 10 licensed to an old e-mail address

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Winver shows Windows 10 licensed to an old e-mail address: I bought a Surface Pro 3 many years ago and it has been through several OS updates/upgrades and continues to do so with no problems, however I noticed that the winver program displays an old e-mail address where it says "This product is licensed under the Microsoft Software...
  9. Winver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver: Hi, I upgraded 3 PC's to 2004 19041.264. When I go to Winver, 2 of them say (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation and 1 of them says (C) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. I'm not bothered about fixing it. I just find it weird considering 2004 was released in 2020. All 3 PC's were...
  10. WinVer

in Windows 10 Support
    WinVer: What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks [img] 50139

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winver