Windows 10: Changing location of ALL browser generated files

Discus and support Changing location of ALL browser generated files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am about to create a new Windows 10 installation on an SSD. I want to be sure that ALL browser related files (cache, temporary files, cookies,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rick_653, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Rick_653 Win User

Changing location of ALL browser generated files

I am about to create a new Windows 10 installation on an SSD. I want to be sure that ALL browser related files (cache, temporary files, cookies, history etc) are stored on the non boot (non SSD) drive since I clear them periodically and I do not think it is a great idea to overwrite files on my SSD 35 times regularly. How can you assure that all browser based files are stored somewhere OTHER than the C drive?

:)

Rick_653, Nov 11, 2019

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Nov 11, 2019
  3. How to change the geo-location

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer. We know its pretty annoying.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to Microsoft Edge or all browsers also?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue
    • Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Changing location of ALL browser generated files

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Changing location of ALL browser generated files

1. Changing location of ALL browser generated files - Similar Threads - Changing location browser

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. Change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  4. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  5. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  6. Changing Offline Files Location

Changing Offline Files Location: Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the local hard drive. is there any possible way to change the location of the offline files folder eg to another connected hard...
  7. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  8. change location of ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change location of ost file: How do I change the location of my outlook 365 OST file from the default C: to D:\myOST I do not have room on my W10 SSD on C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-location-of-ost-file/dceed523-0582-4326-be3b-684cc3023344"
  9. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  10. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...