Windows 10: Changing location of backup drive

Discus and support Changing location of backup drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to change the location of my backup drive. How do I do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taylor Hardy, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Changing location of backup drive

I want to change the location of my backup drive.

How do I do this

:)

Taylor Hardy, Jun 20, 2020

2. Change Backup Location

I'm trying to update my phone, but can't so far because my C drive doesn't have enough space for a backup. My computer is partitioned right now, so is there any way to change the backup location (i.e. to another drive)

Thanks

findwinston, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Changing location of backup drive

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Changing location of backup drive

1. Changing location of backup drive - Similar Threads - Changing location backup

2. Onedrive backup changes directory location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  3. Onedrive backup changes directory location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  4. USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB flash drive is not a valid backup location for the system image: Hello.. I have a usb stick of san disk capacity 204GB. Although it has plenty of space, it does not allow me to create a system image. It sends me the message in the title. on the contrary, another usb stick of my sandiskextreme 3.1 256 GB appears as valid.Can i do something...
  5. usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb flash drive "is not a valid backup location ": trying to create sys image for new win10, attempt to write to a 64 gb ntfs formatted flash drive formatted with diskpart and rufus, same error "not a valid backup location this seems to be an ongoing problem based on all the comments. what is the resolution? does MS...
  6. Help, i cannot change the iTunes backup files location to the HDD drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, i cannot change the iTunes backup files location to the HDD drive: So i backed up my iphone into my pc but i wanted to change the backup location to the HDD instead of the SSD. I followed this guide; I created a new MobileSync folder and copied the backup to there, then opened cmd and i pasted the command MkLink /J...
  7. How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?: I need to move my iPhone backup off of my OS drive which iTunes selects by default. I've been trying the "mklink" method to create a link to another drive with no success. It doesn't seem to do anything once I type in the command followed by the current location and then the...
  8. Change the backup drive for File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the backup drive for File History: I'd like to change the backup drive for File History. How can I stop File History on the older physical drive and start File History on a new physical drive?...
  9. The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The drive is not a valid backup location error on Windows: [ATTACH] USB drives were used for stored small files, perhaps music and videos too. The usual size was 2GB or 4GB. With time, they have advanced quite a lot and it is common to find USB sticks with a capacity of [...] This post The drive is not a valid backup location error...
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...