Windows 10: Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Discus and support Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Brougham, May 24, 2020.

1. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive.

when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message

Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be redirected. Access is denied.

Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing here but as I say all I want to do is have pictures that I put into a particular drive, d drive as there is more space than on my c drive transferred and copied to OneDrive.

Alternatively - Is there an option to have pictures point to more than one physical location?

How should I do this or what do I need to do to resolve the error message.

Dave

:)

Dave Brougham, May 24, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, May 24, 2020
  3. dianaΤ Win User
    my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

The folder I drew a circle around is supposed to be the downloads folder and it's supposed to be named downloads folder(but in swedish) but now it's the d drive (as you can see it says D:\ ) so now my downloads and everything on my d drive are stored into
    the same folder.

Before when it was only the downloads folder the things I downloaded got stored into the c drive but I use the c drive for important things and it doesn't have much space on it and my d drive has a lot of space so I wanted my downloads to go into the d
    drive instead.

So I wanted my main drive where I download photos and videos and stuff to be the d drive and my important things such as programs to get installed into the c drive. But I think that I in some way changed the location of the d drive folder into the downloads
    folder so that's why it's like this. But is there some way to fix it`?

(also I can't move any of the files out of the d drive because it just says to copy them. Like I can cut them out and then paste them onto my desktop or something but I can't move them out of the d drive/downloads folder) I've also tried to reset the location
    of my downloads folder but because the downloads folder was in my c drive I cant. One of the folders on my d drive (the one thats called ''editing'' is 112 GB so I can't fix the downloads folder while it's in there because if I reset the downloads folder
    it will go back into the c drive and I only have 32GB left on my c drive so i can't change the location of the downloads folder. and I can't change the location of the actual d drive because then it goes to the downloads folder and it doesn't work.

But is there a way to make my d drive the main drive so my desktop and everything is on it instead of the c drive???
    Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive ba73f760-152e-49db-b2a4-08ef921b4390.png

dianaΤ, May 24, 2020
  4. AliFaraj1 Win User

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing Downloads folder from (CChanging location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive :) SSD drive to (DChanging location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive :) HDD drive, now the downloads folder path is the (DChanging location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive :) path

Hi !

I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning
    all the contents are in the D:\ folder, instead of a "Downloads" folder existing in the D:\ drive. How can i reset this?
    Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive b537de62-c3e2-49ed-9aaa-2a6c6a68243f?upload=true.png

AliFaraj1, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

1. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive - Similar Threads - Changing location Drive

2. Pictures folder unavailable in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures folder unavailable in D drive: I've noticed recently that my pictures folder is no longer available. When I go to open it I get a warning message telling me it is unavailable, having either been disconnected or deleted. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete it and it is internal to my D drive but the drive is...
  3. Pictures folder unavailable in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures folder unavailable in D drive: I've noticed recently that my pictures folder is no longer available. When I go to open it I get a warning message telling me it is unavailable, having either been disconnected or deleted. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete it and it is internal to my D drive but the drive is...
  4. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  5. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  6. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive

Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive: I want to change the location of "Documents" under "This PC" from the standard 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to 'D:\Documents'. The main reason being that the disk capacity of my C drive is quite small. I tried changing the location in properties for 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to...
  8. Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive: I followed instructions I found online to right click Documents, click on Properties, and change Location from C:\Users\Owner\Documents to D: I did that and got the message:The folder can't be moved here. Unexpected error from PerformRedirection The filename or extension is...
  9. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  10. Windows folder in c and d drives

Windows folder in c and d drives: I have my windows installed in my c drive but i saw another windows folder on d drive. Can i delete this and how? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folder-in-c-and-d-drives/c9ab0bb9-8127-40f9-a7d1-46375afa080f