Windows 10: Changing lock screen loads non stop

Discus and support Changing lock screen loads non stop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Quick background: First problem occurred last January 9, 2019, suddenly my settings wont open and in order to fix it i had to reset my PC. However, by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krischankailee, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Changing lock screen loads non stop

Quick background: First problem occurred last January 9, 2019, suddenly my settings wont open and in order to fix it i had to reset my PC. However, by resetting my PC another problem occurred. When troubleshooting my Windows update it keeps detecting "Potential Windows Update Database error detected" "Windows Update Components must be repaired" "Check for pending updates" every time i did a troubleshoot and after it finish it will say it got fix but it always comes back when i do the troubleshoot again. So today i finally fixed the the troubleshooting problem, now another problem occurred.

I can't change my lock screen picture, if i try changing it it will just keeps loading non stop. If i try changing it by opening the picture and set it to lock screen it will say "Try a different photo"
    What the heck is wrong with Microsoft ? Why do i keep running into problems with windows 10 ?

Changing lock screen loads non stop f85d3342-c001-4f32-9539-31368ed1cf7d?upload=true.png
    For reference:
    1st problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-open/9510f6ae-a38e-4964-9245-eac8ad39fc85
    2nd problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot/5bce67d0-b557-4350-8299-2537f1b6e4d0

:)

Krischankailee, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2019
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Changing lock screen loads non stop

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Changing lock screen loads non stop

1. Changing lock screen loads non stop - Similar Threads - Changing lock screen

2. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  3. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  4. non stop blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    non stop blue screens: hello i just format my pc and i got a lot of blue screen whatever i do , its not something specific, i did all as i need check my drivers up to date, check other hardware , last windows updates. i get Frustratedi attached some example for the last logs.please help!...
  5. non stop blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    non stop blue screens: hello i just format my pc and i got a lot of blue screen whatever i do , its not something specific, i did all as i need check my drivers up to date, check other hardware , last windows updates. i get Frustratedi attached some example for the last logs.please help!...
  6. Lock screen not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen not changing: Hello,I have noticed that my lock screen does not change at all. Everytime it is the same picture.I try changing the Background setting to Windows spotlight, but it changes to Picture when I reopen the settings.How do I fix this?...
  7. Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image

Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image: hey there!when i choose a custom image from my device to set it as lock screen, it doesn't change and just loads endlessly. I've tried a gpedit.msc method, that didn't really worke for me, it still doesn't change, and i'm stuck with the normal windows lockscreen images,...
  8. Lock screen stuck on loading and user picture not changing

Lock screen stuck on loading and user picture not changing: I've been having 2 problems with my computer The first one is that I recently attempted to change my lock screen image, but the picture doesn't change and gets stuck on loading image below [ATTACH] The other problem I've been having is that I wanted to change my user's...
  9. Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change: So i was thinking of changing my lock screen since i was board with my current then this happened [ATTACH] It just keeps loading and i don't know what to do... please help.....
  10. How to stop lock screen images from changing?

How to stop lock screen images from changing?: New to 10 and lots to learn! Lock Screen Images - I don't like 'em and how to stop them from being changed? Lock screen, there's a screen with an image where I click on an icon in the lower right hand corner of my monitor screen and that takes me to the next screen...