Windows 10: Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

Discus and support Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wolfie138, Nov 1, 2020.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are to change this password, rather than letting me have a different password just for the computer.

TIA

:)

wolfie138, Nov 1, 2020

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

How would a lock-screen password differ from an account password?
    AFAIK those are not two distinct things.

margrave55, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

Changing lock screen password

I was able to change password on windows 8 but now that I have windows 10, its diff way to change your lock screen password. Since I tried to change the lock screen password, it involves changing my Microsoft password, which I don't want that. Just want
    to know how to change your lock screen password without involving to change ur Microsoft account password.

tator tot23, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

1. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password - Similar Threads - Changing Lock Screen

2. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  3. How to change lock screen password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  4. Password changed, I didn’t change it - locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password changed, I didn’t change it - locked out of laptop: I pressed window key + R to change my user’s name, changed it, restarted my PC and it changed the password. Can’t get in at all and I didn’t touch the password setting. It doesn’t show a power button to restart the pc to go into recovery mode. Any options?...
  5. Password changed, I didn’t change it - locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password changed, I didn’t change it - locked out of laptop: I pressed window key + R to change my user’s name, changed it, restarted my PC and it changed the password. Can’t get in at all and I didn’t touch the password setting. It doesn’t show a power button to restart the pc to go into recovery mode. Any options?...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Lock Screen Password W/out Changing Account Password: ..how do you do it? I used to have a password, since rebuilding and putting WIn10 on again i had a PIN that i set up on installation but want to get back to using my old password. I removed the PIN and it now uses my MS account password and the only option i seem to have are...
  7. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password: Hi, My son has a username under the family accounts. Somehow I forgot the password of his account and he is unable to login. I went to my profile at live.outlook.com but under family preferences there is NO option to change his password. When I try to login to the email...
  8. Change Lock screen Password on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Lock screen Password on laptop: How do I change my Lock Screen password on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-lock-screen-password-on-laptop/8ed99547-c296-443c-a7ae-2b9ce62b850e
  9. Unable to change password on the lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change password on the lock screen: As you see in the title I cannot change the password on the Lock screen. I tried three times. Shut down then switched the PC on but I see the old password....
  10. Change lock screen password onlzy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change lock screen password onlzy: Hi, I just got a laptop that I'm going to use for office work when not at home. So I'd like to keep getting asked for a password. But it's quite annoying that the lock screen password is my microsoft password. It has become an abomination because it can't be set to an...