Windows 10: Changing login on networked PC

Discus and support Changing login on networked PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having trouble finding a suitable search for this issue using Google. My situation is: I have a link to a networked PC. When I first clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cplloyd42, Jul 9, 2019.

1. cplloyd42 Win User

Changing login on networked PC

I'm having trouble finding a suitable search for this issue using Google.

My situation is: I have a link to a networked PC. When I first clicked on this link it requested a username and password to logon to the PC. Unfortunately, I mistyped the username. Now, each time I click on the link it asks me for the password for that mistyped username, and I can't seem to find a way to change this. (It's probably bevcause I clicked the "Remember this logon" box.) Could someone help me here, or point me to an appropriate thread, please?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.

:)

cplloyd42, Jul 9, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Change network profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below steps to change a Private network to Public, and check if it helps.

• Click on the Network icon on the notification area, click
      Open Network Setting
    • Double Click on network location.
    • Turn “on”, Find devices and content.
    • Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Changing login on networked PC

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Changing login on networked PC

1. Changing login on networked PC - Similar Threads - Changing login networked

2. Bypass a networked PC Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypass a networked PC Login: I bought a used PC for home use and it is trying to connect to the previous network. I have no way of knowing the login credentials. Is there a way to bypass this login so that I can use this PC off of this network? I think it is running windows 10....
  3. Bypass a networked PC Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypass a networked PC Login: I bought a used PC for home use and it is trying to connect to the previous network. I have no way of knowing the login credentials. Is there a way to bypass this login so that I can use this PC off of this network? I think it is running windows 10....
  4. Bypass a networked PC Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change microsoft account used for PC login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change microsoft account used for PC login: Hello,I've two different Microsoft accounts and want to delete 1 of them.My Microsoft app activations e.g. Office2016 Pro are connected to Microsoft account 1.Since I can't transfer these activations to another Microsoft account Is this right ?, I suppose I have to keep...
  6. Changing User Email Login on My PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing User Email Login on My PC: Hi there! I have recently updated my PC and was prompted to login using a Microsoft email. Since I already had one my business email address I naturally went for that, however was refused on the basis that it was already in use, and that I had to use another email address in...
  7. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

Change Network on User Login with Powershell.: Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change behavior when not at home. Depending on...
  8. Change from business PC network to home PC network

Change from business PC network to home PC network: How do I change from a Business PC network setup to a home PC (simple file sharing). My system says it's part of a business network which is incorrect....
  9. Change PC Startup login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4
  10. Changing login on networked PC

Changing login on networked PC: I'm having trouble finding a suitable search for this issue using Google. My situation is: I have a link to a networked PC. When I first clicked on this link it requested a username and password to logon to the PC. Unfortunately, I mistyped the username. Now, each time I...