Windows 10: Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

Discus and support Changing Login PIN without microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PBarron2, Dec 5, 2021.

1. PBarron2 Win User

Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can sign in with the pin that he knows. I can't seem to change the PIN without logging in to the microsoft account that is tied to my work email and work phone to which I have lost access since leaving the position, and I don't know the password I used. I don't need anything tied to an account or anything special beyond the no

:)

PBarron2, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

1. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account - Similar Threads - Changing Login PIN

2. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  3. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account: I unlinked my Microsoft account with much difficulty but for some reason my computer is still asking for a PIN to sign in as opposed to my local account's password.I tried to turn off the PIN but Windows Hello is not available until I add a Microsoft Account, and I can't turn...
  4. How to disable PIN login without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  6. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  7. Unable to login to MS account without PIN

Unable to login to MS account without PIN: Hello,I am having issues logging into my personal Microsoft account, when I try to log into apps like Word or One note, Windows prompts me for a PIN, I was never given any PIN, I have tried everything on the web but I do not find what they say is how I can fix the issue, I...
  8. Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.

Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.: The problem began because my OneNote was logged out of one of my microsoft accounts - the account associated with my Windows laptop. To log back in, it demands either my fingerprint reader, which stopped working, or my PIN, which I can't remember. I can't change my pin from...
  9. How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login: Short version: How can I connect my Microsoft account to my windows account without it forcing significant account-wide changes, the most abhorrent of which is forcing a password or pin log-in? Long version: I hate the way that adding a Microsoft account hijacks my local...
  10. Link Windows License to a Microsoft Account without changing login options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link Windows License to a Microsoft Account without changing login options: I want to link my digital Windows license to an account, so I can reuse it after replacing a faulty mainboard. But when I try to do that, Windows tells me that I would have to use that account to log in to windows from then on, instead of the existing local one. I do not...