Windows 10: Changing Measurement Dimensions to English

Discus and support Changing Measurement Dimensions to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I check my Region, Language and everything. I set it to English. But the measurement dimensions such as inches, cm are in Chinese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CKLau44, Sep 12, 2019.

1. CKLau44 Win User

Changing Measurement Dimensions to English

Hi Everyone,

I check my Region, Language and everything. I set it to English.

But the measurement dimensions such as inches, cm are in Chinese instead of English.

Changing Measurement Dimensions to English 80d90847-2b0e-4a13-83dd-46d4afff34a1?upload=true.jpg

Anyone know how I can I change it to english?

:)

CKLau44, Sep 12, 2019

2. Measurement on Picture

I use my Nokia phone camera a lot like taking pictures of furnitures, tools, appliances, and other items that I want to know the dimensions (measurements in inches or metric) of to study the pictured items at home. Sometime I carry with me a tape measure
    and I lay it along the lenght and/r height of the item just to get a rough measurement of the item's dimension.

Is it possible for Nokia to develop a camera with a built-in measuring tape that shows up in the pictures taken? The measuring tape should be able to adjust to the distance between the camera and the object so that the actual dimension of the object is measured
    accurately. If I take a picture of crawling snake from 20 feet away the picture taken should be able to show the actual lenght of the snake.

If this feature is not done yet, I am sure it will have a multitude of uses for engineering, science, architecture, and many others.

Thanks

johnnyzalamea, Sep 12, 2019
  3. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing Measurement Dimensions to English - Similar Threads - Changing Measurement Dimensions

2. How change back to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change back to English?: Hello all: When the w10 boot-up or updating or changing, it often shows/reminds you the processing, such as: Welcome, waiting, shutting down, ........... All the "REMINDINGs" of my w10, are all in ENGLISH since the very beginning. BUT, during the pasted many...
  3. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions: I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case. At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the original capture. Example done in Illustrator: https://imgur.com/a/MFyXNTr (original square to the left, screenshot to the...
  4. Paint dimensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint dimensions: Hello, I am having trouble copying pictures from word to paint without the picture shrinking in paint. I've already taken off the option for word to not compress my pictures and they still shrink and when I copy the picture back to word, it is in a smaller dimension, any help...
  5. So I’m measuring my tv dimensions from top left to bottom right corner and need to convert...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I’m measuring my tv dimensions from top left to bottom right corner and need to convert...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/d12sam2010 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h10e38/so_im_measuring_my_tv_dimensions_from_top_left_to/
  6. Folder Dimensions Preserved

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Dimensions Preserved: By default, Windows kept the dimensions of each folder, but now I've noticed that it is no longer so. If I resize a folder, all folders acquire the same dimensions. I don't use folder templates, besides the general one. Windows 10 1903 157007
  7. Search Dimension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Search Dimension: [IMG]I don't know what this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/search-dimension/83573592-f311-489e-a5ec-2fc6864748f3
  8. measure length

in Windows 10 Support
    measure length: Is it possible to measure or calculate the dimension of an object displayed in a jpeg file on the monitor of my PC? I use windows 10 with a monitor with resolution 1920x 1080 thanks in advance 144052
  9. measurement settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    measurement settings: how are measurements settings changed in Win10 - from metric to US /imperial? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/measurement-settings/aeae9538-21bb-447c-b9a3-6501b01e5004
  10. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090