Windows 10: Changing menu window colors

Discus and support Changing menu window colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is a possibility to change the colors of the windows menus for example the menu of the right mouse button and mainly the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hristiana-Bobeva, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Changing menu window colors

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to change the colors of the windows menus for example the menu of the right mouse button and mainly the color of a certain selected option. I am on Windows 10.

I saw a similar topic from 2015 but it doesn't work for me.

The solution that was given was Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization ->Customize colors.

From what I see, I don't have the Customize colors option.

Changing menu window colors 17149ed6-74ba-467e-af2e-546fe679156b?upload=true.jpg

Is there any way to fix this? I tried changing theme and restarting but all regarding the menus remains the same.

Many thanks in advance! :

:)

Hristiana-Bobeva, Jan 29, 2020

2. Changing menu window colors

Hi Poleson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration, when things don't work the way it should.

We apologize for inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check, if it works.

However, you can change the color of your windows borders and taskbar. Right click on desktop and click on Personalization, click on color option and check.

On the same screen, you have Display option in the left pane, click on it. You can change the size of all items and change only the text size of Title bars, Menus, Message boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tooltips.

a. Click on the "Start" icon and choose "Control Panel."

b. Click on the "Customize colors" link located under the
    Appearance and Personalization
    option.

c. Select a theme to use for all opened windows. Click on the theme of your choice.

d. Click on the "Advanced" button to edit colors.

e. Click on the "Item" drop-down list. Color choices will appear each time you select an item to customize.

f. Click on the "Active Window Border" and click on the "Color 1" drop down menu.

g. Choose a basic Windows color from the swatches menu. Click on "Other" to customize the color choice.

h. Select the "Menu" item from the drop down list. Click on "Color 1" to choose the new toolbar color. Use "Other" to choose a custom color.

i. Move the black arrow on the right side to select the color darkness. Move the swatch icon around the color display to pick a color.

j. Click on "OK" once the new toolbar color has been chosen. This will close the color swatch window.

k. Click on "OK" to exit the theme picker window.

l. Click on "Apply" to confirm the new toolbar color and close the window.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you

AntonyJose, Feb 26, 2020
  3. How to change the color for the Cortana settings menu?

Hi Rohit,

As per your description, I understand that you would like to change the color of Cortana settings page.

I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the color of Cortana settings page. However you may change the color of the Taskbar and the Start menu.

Step 1:
    Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click
    Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center. Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

I also suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Changing menu window colors

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Changing menu window colors

1. Changing menu window colors - Similar Threads - Changing menu window

2. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  3. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  4. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  5. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  6. Changing BIOS menu colors ?

Changing BIOS menu colors ?: Hello Community, I would like to know if it is possible to change the BIOS menu where you can modify very important parameters colors ? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-bios-menu-colors/f1a8b335-7111-4cbc-bf92-04813cd69755
  7. Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font: I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows XP (I know...long, long ago*Smile), you could right click the desktop, go to Properties > Appearance > Advanced & make all...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. How to change boot menu color?

How to change boot menu color?: By default, the boot menu is blue background with white text, I would like to know on how to change boot menu color into black background with white text. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  10. Windows 10 start menu not changing colors

Windows 10 start menu not changing colors: http://puu.sh/ChPmZ/745c8432b3.jpg Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...