Windows 10: Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

Discus and support Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SpiritGp, May 2, 2020.

1. SpiritGp Win User

Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it.

:)

SpiritGp, May 2, 2020

2. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, May 2, 2020
  3. crawfish Win User
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your Info" on the account.microsoft.com/profile web site, I see only the new email address in the "Profile" tab. I click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," and it's the only Account Alias listed. Great, right?

However, back on the "Your Info" page, there is the enigmatic "Contact info" link to the right of "Profile." I click on it, and my original email address is the only email under "These email addresses are associated with your Microsoft account, including the best place to reach you, and how you sign in." In particular, the primary alias is nowhere to be found. There's no way to change it, as "Manage this email address" takes me back to "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," where the new email address is the only Account Alias listed, as I mentioned above. When I click on "Change sign-in preferences," only my new email address is listed, it's grayed out, and the only button on the page is Cancel.

So this "Contact info" part of Microsoft is fixated on my original email address, and I can't change it. I don't know what it's used for, and I don't monitor it anymore, so it's a problem.

Any ideas?

crawfish, May 2, 2020
  4. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

Windows 10 - Change Microsoft Account?

When I installed Win10, I used my secondary gmail account to connect to Microsoft. I would much rather associate with my primary gmail account.

Is it possible to CHANGE the Microsoft account associated with my Windows10 User account?

I did ADD another Microsoft account under Settings > Your Account. I can see my primary gmail listed at the bottom of the page, but I this does not affect my login.

Suggestions, anyone?

MarkPelletier, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

1. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft account

2. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  3. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  4. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  6. How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?: Hello. I am a recent graduate who built my computer about 2 years ago. Back then, I had microsoft office given by the school. Later I moved away and lost access to office, so in order to gain it back I used my parents' credentials. Since then, my entire user account on this...
  7. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?): How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for existing Microsoft accounts....
  8. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...
  9. Change Windows' username associated with a Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Windows' username associated with a Microsoft account: Hello, I have some trouble to solve a misspelled username in Windows 10. I am referring to the username used for the user's home folder. This username seems to be recorded somewhere in your Microsoft account but I am not able to find a way to edit it. It is automatically...
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing microsoft account