Windows 10: Changing microsoft account info

Discus and support Changing microsoft account info in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Installed win 10 and microsoft office on brothers laptop using my microsoft account info - how to change to another Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JBoogy, Aug 20, 2020.

1. JBoogy Win User

Changing microsoft account info

Installed win 10 and microsoft office on brothers laptop using my microsoft account info - how to change to another Microsoft account.

:)

JBoogy, Aug 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Changing microsoft account info

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Changing microsoft account info

1. Changing microsoft account info - Similar Threads - Changing microsoft account

2. change account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  3. change account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  4. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

"Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  5. "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft Account Security Info was added"...............: I got into my Junk email folder the message bellow:Has anybody received this kind of messages?Obviously, the sender wants to click on this message....Thank you!Saturn...
  6. Microsoft account - device info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  7. Microsoft account - device info

Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  8. Microsoft account security info

Microsoft account security info: Hey, had this email sent to me, i think its from a legit account which is problimatic because that means its not just a scam. Potential account leak. Please get in touch with meso i can remove this unknown email from my account. Cheers...
  9. Change account info

Change account info: I was given my father's old work computer. The account and everything is under his name and email. Is there a way to change this without losing the files I have stored on the computer? I have added my own Microsoft account but see no way to remove the others....
  10. Lost account info in Microsoft Store

Lost account info in Microsoft Store: I am setting up my first Windows 10 computer, having been on Windows 7 for a number of years, and I have run into a problem with the Microsoft Store. I have never had a Microsoft account before but I decided to go with the flow and allow my user accounts to be Microsoft...