Windows 10: Changing Microsoft account picture

Discus and support Changing Microsoft account picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem changing my account picture. Did anyone had this problem too and can help me solve it, please ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bogdan Mîşu, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Changing Microsoft account picture

Hello.

I have a problem changing my account picture. Did anyone had this problem too and can help me solve it, please ?

Changing Microsoft account picture f4a199f4-0ddb-4e94-9b07-e52af0fdf77d?upload=true.png

:)

Bogdan Mîşu, Jul 28, 2020

2. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Changing Microsoft account picture

Microsoft account picture

Hello,

For us to assist you on resolving your Microsoft account picture concern, please log in to
    https://account.live.com and check if your picture is available. If yes, please follow
    Mayank Gupta10's suggestion on this
    link

If not, please upload your preferred picture online so it will be synchronize on your computer. Once set, we need to switch from Microsoft account login to Local account then revert afterwards. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type in your current password and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account window, just click the
      Next button without filling in the password.
    • Then, click Sign out and finish button.

Now, we need to switch back to your Microsoft account as log in credentials by following the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type in your Microsoft account credentials on the next window and click next.
    • Proceed with the next step of verification process.
    • Click Switch to complete the process.
    • You should have your Microsoft account picture synced on your computer.

Keep us updated on the result.

Noreen Mon, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Changing Microsoft account picture

1. Changing Microsoft account picture - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft account

2. Microsoft account pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account pictures: Are people noticing they have vanished today? When I open up store app on the pc usually can see my face in a circle in upper right. But it is now showing a generic icon there instead. Noticing it across other native apps (films for example). Logged in via edge to Microsoft...
  3. MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures"

MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures": My Microsoft Account picture reverts to a picture that has been deleted. Despite my best efforts: 1. I have changed picture in Settings / Account 2. Then deleted the picture in Users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Account/Pictures Regardless, old picture will eventually...
  4. Microsoft account profile picture

Microsoft account profile picture: I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the...
  5. Microsoft Account Profile PIcture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Profile PIcture: Cant find the appropriate category to ask this question so this is where its going... This is probably a dumb question and the answer is going to end up being obvious. I don't want to change my Microsoft Account profile picture. But I can no longer find it on my hard drive....
  6. Microsoft Account Picture

Microsoft Account Picture: I need help, how Do I reset my profile picture on my Microsoft account to the default avatar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-picture/dd0aa6b5-87bf-4dd4-b5e7-a294b0d979ed
  7. Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!

Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!: I have 3 accounts on my new laptop as follows: account 1 - admin, local account 2 - user, Microsoft account account 3 - user, local Account 2 randomly keeps picking up the account photos for account 1 at the login screen and vice versa. I can see both images at...
  8. Microsoft Account Picture Issue

Microsoft Account Picture Issue: I set a profile photo for this account around 2017. Now I have a new picture up but whenever I open my account on my Windows PC it displays both my current photo and my previous photo together. I can't figure out how to remove it completely. Lol the photo is of myself with my...
  9. Can't change Account Picture

Can't change Account Picture: So when I set up my Windows 10 today, I chose to login with my Hotmail/Microsoft account. At some point later I switched to a standalone user account (i did this because apparently the email and your lap top password will get synced and be the same) But now, I can't for...
  10. Change Account Picture in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Picture in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10 Your picture is associated with your user account in Windows 10, so youll see it whenever you sign in to your PC and on Start. You can use one of your own favorite photos...