Windows 10: Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files

Discus and support Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So basically when I bought my son a laptop, I used my microsoft account to sign in at first and now he wants to change the account to his microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kenny1231, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Kenny1231 Win User

Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files

So basically when I bought my son a laptop, I used my microsoft account to sign in at first and now he wants to change the account to his microsoft account as there are times where I would need to enter information in order for him to perform certain tasks such as downloading apps on the Microsoft Store. When I tried to sign into his Microsoft account, none of the files/games saved from my account, so I was wondering if there is a way to just change the main sign in account email or to transfer all files from one account to another. Thanks.

:)

Kenny1231, Mar 19, 2023

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft accounts

2. Error while saving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error while saving files: I am not allowed to save files on my device as usual, it shows you need admin permission to save files at folders i usually could, how to change things & make it normal to save anywhere i want?...
  3. Error while saving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while saving files: I am not allowed to save files on my device as usual, it shows you need admin permission to save files at folders i usually could, how to change things & make it normal to save anywhere i want?...
  4. Error while saving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files

Changing Microsoft accounts while saving files: So basically when I bought my son a laptop, I used my microsoft account to sign in at first and now he wants to change the account to his microsoft account as there are times where I would need to enter information in order for him to perform certain tasks such as downloading...
  6. Change Account while keeping data and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Account while keeping data and files: I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11...
  7. Change Account while keeping data and files

Change Account while keeping data and files: I am currently using my parents Microsoft account for my pc but I would like to change that to my Microsoft account. I have not been able to find a way to change the two accounts without losing data. For windows 11...
  8. Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working: Hi, I changed the downloads of Microsoft Store to D following this steps:1. Open Settings simply press Windows key + I2. Click "System" on the left side click "Storage".3. Click "Change where new content is saved" under More storage settings.4. Select D drive using the drop...
  9. Issues while changing Date of Birth on Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues while changing Date of Birth on Microsoft account: The date of birth on my Microsoft account is wrong and when I click edit date of birth, it doesn't give me the option to change it. Please help. ***Original title: WEIRDNESS TO DO WITH BIRTHDAYS (Help Me) :(***...
  10. Changing Microsoft Account on Windows (while keeping files)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Microsoft Account on Windows (while keeping files): I have recently created a new Microsoft account (so that I can have a more mature email address than the one that my mom made for me as a kid). I want to use this as my main account on my windows computer, but I don't want to lose all of my current files and settings. Is...