Windows 10: Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

Discus and support Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two PCs, and I have just built a new PC with Windows 10 Education License on it that I got from the school that I attend. My previous computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SamuelLewis7, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

I have two PCs, and I have just built a new PC with Windows 10 Education License on it that I got from the school that I attend. My previous computer has Windows 10 Home that I purchases from Microsoft. I decided that I want to have the Home license on my new PC and the Education License on my old PC. Is there any way to change the License keys on the computers with out doing a fresh install on both the PCs? Primarily, can I change the educational License on the new PC to a Home version without having to reset and do a fresh install?

:)

SamuelLewis7, Jul 31, 2021

2. How to transfer a Educational WIN10 License?

Download Windows 10 Education, reinstall it then reactivate using the product key you got from the Store.

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: Download Windows 10 Academic ISO

Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home 8e04cca2-368c-4591-a2a0-a0489c1ae725.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home 6b35965b-4f8a-4c4b-b791-055f8106de3d.png

Create a bootable copy:

You might need to use chat support to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

4. Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

Windows 10 education version license key

Hi, how will I get the license key for windows 10 education version? I am a verified azure for students user.

Muhammad Asad Faizi, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

1. Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft License

2. Earning money from Education License

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Earning money from Education License: Dear Member! I hope this sms finds you well. I was awarded laptop from my government in Pakistan for securing 90% in intermediate education. It also contained windows education Pro license as well as office 2016 license. I want to use office 2016 and my windows for...
  3. Microsoft Azure Free Education License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Azure Free Education License: I recently activated Windows 10 Education using a free license from the Azure portal formerly Microsoft Imagine for students. I'm wondering what the limitations of such a license are and if the university from which I obtained it adds my personal PC to their network and can...
  4. Broken windows10 after changing from home to education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken windows10 after changing from home to education: When I first bought this PC [This Is My Second PC] , it already had windows 10 Home installed and pre-activated. I am in insider Preview, Developer channel. I had my main Windows 10 Education Product key so I entered it. After switching from home to education, I notice that...
  5. Changing from windows home to education

Changing from windows home to education: I understand windows education has extra features and stuff, will i need to reinstall windows if i manually enter an education key into the change product key thing? or does it just unlock the extra features ? currently on home edition...
  6. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...
  7. Installing windows home from education

Installing windows home from education: Can you let me know how to change windows education to Windows home for free I have taken the backup and everything and I have downloaded the latest Windows iso file...
  8. Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home

Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home: Hi, I bought a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. While I've been at university, I used a licence provided by them to upgrade to Windows Education. Now I'm finishing university, I want to revert back to the Home edition. I've seen instructions about downloading the...
  9. Windows 10 education version license key

Windows 10 education version license key: Hi, how will I get the license key for windows 10 education version? I am a verified azure for students user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-version-license-key/43714e2e-9a2b-4b88-9e0b-02a3bf80b5ee"
  10. Changing from Digital License to Product Key

Changing from Digital License to Product Key: I have got my windows with a digital License. My college has provided me with product key for windows 10 for education purposes. If I activate that key, will my digital License be still valid for a later use?...