Windows 10: Changing month and year in photos

Discus and support Changing month and year in photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to change the month and year in photos for Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mgbinfla, Jan 29, 2020.

1. mgbinfla Win User

Changing month and year in photos

Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to change the month and year in photos for Windows 10?

:)

mgbinfla, Jan 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Viewing photos by month & year

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and wondered if anyone can help me with a query please ?

In Windows 7 I had all my photos of the grandchildren in one folder called 'Freddie & Anna' that was set up as follows:

• There were no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.
    • When I clicked on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' the system displayed month & year 'icons' so that I could select the photos I wanted to view by clicking on the appropriate month & year 'icon'.
    • If my memory is correct I did this by using 'Arrange by' within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.

I have set up the following folder structure in Windows 10:

and all the photos of my grandchildren are in the folder 'Freddie & Anna'.

There are no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.

When I click on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' I want my system to do what it did in Windows 7 and display the month & year icons but it does what I don't want and displays all the photos and groups them under the headings 'Earlier This Week', 'Last Week', 'Earlier This Month', Earlier This Year', and 'A Long Time Ago'. The system does this very slowly.

In Windows 7 the system was pretty quick to display the month & year 'icons' and then to display the appropriate photos if I clicked on one of the month & year 'icons'.

I would like to set up my folders/photos in Windows 10 so they are displayed as my system did in Windows 7.

Can anyone help me to do this please?

Steve Dean, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Viewing photos by month & year

How do I view photos by month & year?

Source WINDOWS 10- Has the option to arrange photos by month been removed?

DavidPostill, Jan 29, 2020
  4. KX4SAM Win User

Photo app import settings, year, month and DATE

Window 7 importer set folder names by year, month and date. Photo app will not, or

How can I change it so that it will use data

KX4SAM, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing month and year in photos - Similar Threads - Changing month photos

2. How do I make folders for my photos by month & year?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make folders for my photos by month & year?: I had all my old pix loaded onto new Window 11 pc but I want them in folders by month & year & cannot find how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-folders-for-my-photos-by-month-year/1d904d92-5cde-4998-a875-97a623b406fc
  3. How do I make folders for my photos by month & year?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make folders for my photos by month & year?: I had all my old pix loaded onto new Window 11 pc but I want them in folders by month & year & cannot find how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-folders-for-my-photos-by-month-year/1d904d92-5cde-4998-a875-97a623b406fc
  4. Photos App .. Importing by date/month?

Photos App .. Importing by date/month?: Just opened an updated photos app win 11 and am lost as to why or how to get the pictures sorted by date or month at least. The old one auto sectioned the photos on Import which made it easier when backing up....
  5. automatically create folder 'year - month' when importing photos & videos in photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatically create folder 'year - month' when importing photos & videos in photo app: my system used to do this but doesn't now for some reason; the photo app just imports all files to pictures\. I can't find the setting to create a subfolder on import. Can anyone help?...
  6. Import photos into month and year subdirectories

Import photos into month and year subdirectories: I have an iPhone that I sync with my desktop Windows 10 machine. I am having a problem when importing pictures. Previously, the photos went into subdirectories by year and month taken 2020-11, 2020-12 etc. This was all done automatically. I have been doing this for...
  7. I need to change my assure payment from monthly to yearly payment.

I need to change my assure payment from monthly to yearly payment.: I need to change my assure payment from monthly to yearly payment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-assure-payment-from-monthly-to/3b5edb5e-b517-4163-8de3-d90a2e5be5a9
  8. Photo View by Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo View by Month: I have just purchased a new HP ProBook Laptop with Windows 10 operating system. I have just finished organising all my photos into monthly folders. However there is no order to the folders & therefore they are very hard to find. On my old Laptop, which had Windows 7...
  9. Photo app import settings, year, month and DATE

Photo app import settings, year, month and DATE: Window 7 importer set folder names by year, month and date. Photo app will not, or How can I change it so that it will use data 143228
  10. how do you change the date to read day/month/year

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the date to read day/month/year: How do you change the date to show day/month/year https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-date-to-read-daymonthyear/911d87b4-cb77-4c95-8db1-77dec239ed9f