Windows 10: changing mother board

Discus and support changing mother board in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VincentZD, Jun 26, 2020.

1. VincentZD Win User

changing mother board

I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard
    my windows license is volume license

:)

VincentZD, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Kaleemah Win User

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board.

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board. There was an update installed from Windows Store related to Intel storage, after restarting Windows Mother board BIOS was damaged. Since Motherboard was under Warranty, replaced it now cannot activate
    Windows 10.

Kaleemah, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Replacing Mother Board

I need to replace my mother board. I have purchased the identical replacement. I want replace the mother board and use the same old Processor. Processor is i7 6700K and the motherboard is ASUS Z170. Is it possible to replace the Mother board without re installing
    the Windows and software.

Thank you

Franklin Silva

Silvafranklin, Jun 26, 2020
  4. changing mother board

Window 10 reactivation after hardware (mother board) change

We have windows 10 OEM license. Recently in one machine we had a problem with the mother board and we replaced it. unfortunately after this change windows was gone back to the not activated state.

pls let me know if there is any way to get this activated again... Some people are telling about DOS boards. They told me that we can change the SSID of the mother board to previous mother board SID. Is that true.. after doing this can we activate it with
    the previous license.

Pls help..

Thanks in advance

Chathura Kalyana

chathuraKalyana, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

changing mother board

1. changing mother board - Similar Threads - changing mother board

2. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  3. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  4. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mother board replacement: If I change out the mother board in my HP pc, will I have to purchase a new Windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mother-board-replacement/b703c4ba-6239-4f6b-b7ba-d68cdfe8e6ad
  5. mother board replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Mother board problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mother board problem.: This is AMD 2400g cpu ( 3 years old ) with Gigabyte AB350M Gaming mobo ( 1 year old ). Recently I cleaned the CPU case with brush and put back RAMS in slots and tried to switch on but PC didn't start. I removed Rams and put in another order and after some combinations PC...
  7. Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mother Board: I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't compatible. I have a Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Mother Board and it's made for the 200 series. Why can't I just install the proper...
  8. Upgrading a Mother board

Upgrading a Mother board: I have a question regarding mother board upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my mother board MSI b250m pro-vh to a motherboard that support 8th and 9th gen motherboard?...
  9. Changed mother board cant activate windows

Changed mother board cant activate windows: I had the mother board changed and I am unable to activate windows. the sticker with my product key is partially torn and I cant use that. How do I get windows activated....
  10. changed out mother board and hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changed out mother board and hard drive: It is asking me to activate windows. When I try it will not let me. The license in under my old email address that I cant get to so I have a new account but it has nothing in it. How can I get the key to fix this. Thanks Don...