Windows 10: Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?

Discus and support Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new laptop, and have gone into settings/mouse, and changed the primary button to 'right', as I use a left-handed mouse. There are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KimWebber1, May 3, 2020.

1. Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?

I have a new laptop, and have gone into settings/mouse, and changed the primary button to 'right', as I use a left-handed mouse. There are two problems though:

1. Each time I restart my laptop, it reverts back to 'left' as the primary button.

2. If I click on 'additional mouse options', there is another option to configure mouse buttons. I have tried also setting this, but it still doesn't 'remember' the settings.

My questions are:

- why is the second option there? How does it differ from the first option. Pic 1 and 2 below.

- how do I get windows to remember my settings?

I am a little confused. Is that for the touch-pad buttons? I am wanting to keep the touchpad as a right-handed user, but my mouse left-handed I'm ambi-dextrous, when using a separate mouse, I write on a notepad with my right-hand.

Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places? 46d5e44e-b164-4379-9994-21211fd05e25?upload=true.jpg Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places? 64448bfb-7f45-4526-8784-582eeeedddeb?upload=true.jpg

:)

KimWebber1, May 3, 2020

2. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 3, 2020
  3. What about left handed mouse users?!?!

Seriously MS. Why does it take eleventyfive steps to change a mouse from right to left handed?

And where have you hidden the left handed pointers?

I know I'm not the only lefty out there so why haven't you worked out a really simple step in the PC setup/Windows OS update process where we chose which hand we use and the mouse buttons AND pointers are changed accordingly?

Its not bloody rocket science!

PS: I still haven't found where you've hidden the pointers so if someone could tell me where they are these days I would really appreciate the link....or just send them to me on a 5.25" floppy

GIlbertenstein, May 3, 2020
  4. Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?

Left handed Mouse.

Why don't Microsoft make mouse's like the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600 for left handed customers. Just under half the population are left handed so think of the money you are losing.

Brumwolf66, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?

1. Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places? - Similar Threads - Changing mouse left

2. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  3. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  4. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  5. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  6. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  8. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  9. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad: Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to. How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad...