Windows 10: changing my admin from an old email to a new email

Discus and support changing my admin from an old email to a new email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; looking for step by step procedures on switching my admin from old email to the new email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeVoorhees, Mar 19, 2020.

1. changing my admin from an old email to a new email

looking for step by step procedures on switching my admin from old email to the new email

:)

MikeVoorhees, Mar 19, 2020

2. Admin email replaced with hackers email. How can I point admin role to new email?

1. You must be the Administrator on the computer to run the commands I listed earlier.

2. Change Admin Account in Settings

Have to change a user account type? Here's how on Windows 10.

3. There are utilities (free) that can locate passwords on the device. These are from NirSoft.

EncryptedRegView,

CredentialsFileView
    , and
    VaultPasswordView

EncryptedRegView will decrypt passwords found in Windows Registry

4. As Greg said, go to every site you do business with and change your passwords to secure your accounts.

5. If nothing works, Perform a clean install of Windows 10 which will wipe account information out on the system.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Scroll down to Erase Everything in this tutorial to see how to completely erase data on the pc so you can register your account on the unit. These are the steps one would do if selling or donating the pc. There are steps on how to backup your files in the
    beginning of the tutorial.

Here's what you need to do before selling a used PC

Smittychat., Mar 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 19, 2020
  4. changing my admin from an old email to a new email

New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

changing my admin from an old email to a new email

1. changing my admin from an old email to a new email - Similar Threads - changing admin old

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  6. My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...

My old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address...: my old email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and new email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** can you merge them? * Moved from Community Center...
  7. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  8. Change admin account email

Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  9. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Changing admin email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing admin email: I am trying to fix the problem of a friend's email being used as my admin email. Under "my info" in my laptop settings, his email is right under my name and being used as administrator. I've gone into email and accounts, can't remove the email, we've gone into his account and...