Windows 10: Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one

Discus and support Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guysSo, as already stated in the subject field I want to change my current Windows email address to a different one. But the catch is; the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArturLee7, Jun 21, 2021.

1. ArturLee7 Win User

Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one

Hello guysSo, as already stated in the subject field I want to change my current Windows email address to a different one. But the catch is; the email address that's now being used as my main Windows 10 account is deleted, meaning that I can't log into it anymore nor change any settings associated with that address. So with that being said, how do I change my Windows email address when that address doesn't exist anymore?Any help is appreciated!Thanks in advanceArtur

:)

ArturLee7, Jun 21, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account Email Change

Hi Carlo,

Do you want to replace the current account with another Microsoft Account?

I suggest you to convert the current Microsoft Account to a local account and then convert back to Microsoft account but while doing so add the new Microsoft account that you want to replace with the old.

This way you would not need to transfer all her applications, software, data, etc.

1. Convert Microsoft Account to a local account

• From the Desktop. Press the Windows key and then press the letter R.
    • This will bring up the run box.
    • Type Control Panel and click OK.
    • This will bring up the control panel and you will be able to access the user accounts from there.
    • To change to local account, do the above steps, If in category view Click on user accounts and Family safety.
    • Then click on user accounts. Click on make changes to my account in PC settings. You should be able to change to a local account.

2. Convert local account to a Microsoft Account

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:

Look to see which kind of account you used to sign in:

• A Microsoft account. If you're already signed in with a Microsoft account, your name and email address appear above your account picture.
    • A local account. If you're signed in with a local account, you'll see the words
      Local Account below your name, along with the Connect to a Microsoft account link.

Switch your local account to a Microsoft account.

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:
    Select Sign in with a Microsoft account.

You might have to verify your password.

Step 3:
    Choose one of the following:

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one

Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one

1. Changing my current Microsoft email to a different one - Similar Threads - Changing current Microsoft

2. How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...: I need to change the email address in my account as it is no longer active to receive emails. Problem is when I click on edit in the relevant area of my account to change my E address, M need to send me an email to my old inactive account with a code to enter in order to...
  3. How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...: I need to change the email address in my account as it is no longer active to receive emails. Problem is when I click on edit in the relevant area of my account to change my E address, M need to send me an email to my old inactive account with a code to enter in order to...
  4. How to change my email address in my account if my current email in the account is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  6. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  7. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

8. Someone has changed my email on one of my Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone has changed my email on one of my Microsoft accounts: Hi,I came across an issue with loging in to my microsoft account. After further investigation I found out that my e-mail was changed not by me. The e-mail adress that is now connected to the microsoft account is totaly unknown for me. I tried to fill in the "account recovery...
  9. Someone has changed my email on one of my Microsoft accounts

Someone has changed my email on one of my Microsoft accounts: Hi,I came across an issue with loging in to my microsoft account. After further investigation I found out that my e-mail was changed not by me. The e-mail adress that is now connected to the microsoft account is totaly unknown for me. I tried to fill in the "account recovery...
  10. Changing the microsoft account to a different one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the microsoft account to a different one: Hello, Currently the onedrive doesn't synchronize one file. This may be due to being signed in into the wrong account on the pc itself. if I were to change to the correct account will the local files that are already on this pc be lost?...