Windows 10: Changing my D drive to the primary ?

Discus and support Changing my D drive to the primary ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, My c drive is used to boot and has all Windows related on it. My D drive is 1tb and need it to be the default drive. Any help? [img] 172289 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George144, Jan 14, 2021.

1. George144 Win User

Changing my D drive to the primary ?

Hi there,

My c drive is used to boot and has all Windows related on it. My D drive is 1tb and need it to be the default drive.

Any help?

Changing my D drive to the primary ? [​IMG]

:)

George144, Jan 14, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Changing the primary drive.

Hi,

Changing the primary drive from SSD to HDD is possible by changing the path location of each drive. Since all apps are being downloaded on the C drive by default, you need to change the HDD to C drive to have all the apps in the hard drive. These type of
    changes need a technician to assist you to avoid risks and conflicts. We suggest contacting your device manufacturer directly for assistance to perform the said changes.

As for the files, after setting your HDD to C drive, you can create a new folder to store all the music you want in it.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Changing my D drive to the primary ? - Similar Threads - Changing drive primary

2. Change my primary alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my primary alias: I seem to be struggling with my Microsoft account which I rarely use. My current primary alias is my Optusnet email. When I add a new alias my Gmail it tells me it already exists, but I cannot see it anywhere. When I go to delete my current alias I receive a warning. How do I...
  3. Change my primary alias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change my primary alias: I seem to be struggling with my Microsoft account which I rarely use. My current primary alias is my Optusnet email. When I add a new alias my Gmail it tells me it already exists, but I cannot see it anywhere. When I go to delete my current alias I receive a warning. How do I...
  4. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?: Hello - After installing a new HDD, I find things might work better for me if I can make my D:\ partition the primary, rather than using the C:\ partition? How can I do that if it's possible?TIA...
  5. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?: Hello - After installing a new HDD, I find things might work better for me if I can make my D:\ partition the primary, rather than using the C:\ partition? How can I do that if it's possible?TIA...
  6. Is it possible to Set my D drive as Primary?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change primary hard drive: So when i first built my pc i had a 250gb HDD. As you may tell, that isn't much so i bought and installed a 2tb HDD. I have many files on it now, and i have went to setting and put that i want new files to go to there, but still new files go to the 250gb hard drive. Is there...
  8. Primary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary drive: After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with a black screen. I want my desktop to start up from the intern HD. How to change that ?...
  9. Changing Default drive to D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Default drive to D: I am trying to get a game loaded from CD and it does not give me the option to load it to D drive. How can I make sure any CD games etc will automatically load to D Drive? Is there a setting somewhere?...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...