Windows 10: Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working

Discus and support Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I go into my monitor's OSD and change the FreeSync mode or turn it off/on it makes the Windows 10 Night Light setting stop working. Which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jamescholden, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working

Whenever I go into my monitor's OSD and change the FreeSync mode or turn it off/on it makes the Windows 10 Night Light setting stop working. Which is really annoying because I need to use that to prevent eye strain at night.

Samsung CHG70 27" with latest firmware.

submitted by /u/jamescholden
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jamescholden, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Martmcd Win User

1903 version night light not working

Hi Monika,

it is a known issue in 1903

Night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where night light settings may stop working, for example:

Connecting to (or disconnecting from) an external monitor, dock, or projector

Rotating the screen

Updating display drivers or making other display mode changes

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Workaround: If you find that your night light settings have stopped working, try turning the night light on and off, or restart your computer.

Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

Martmcd, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working

Night light not working

Hi,

Night Light is still listed as a known issue on the update History page.

Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903 - Windows Release Information

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

The only thing you can do is to wait to get this fixed.

Sumit-Windows Insider MVP, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working

1. Changing my FreeSync mode makes Night Light stop working - Similar Threads - Changing FreeSync mode

2. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  3. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work: I tried to disable the bloatware that is Microsoft Defender. Is there a way to enable night light without reverting the changes or is there an open source program that can dim the screen and increase color temperature?...
  4. After making changes to the registry, night light doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Night Light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  6. Windows10 night light mode not working consistently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 night light mode not working consistently: Hello there, I really like the new feature of night light brought by win10 - this saves my old eyes from the blue light. That's why I would like to activate the night light mode all the time. A typical problem for me is, when I use win+L to lock my screen and then log into...
  7. Night light stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light stopped working: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.329 and today, the "Night Light" filter stopped working. It was set as to schedule based on my location. Now, it shows as "On" even through it isn't working. Changing anything related to it on the Settings app have no...
  8. night light mode will not come on

night light mode will not come on: night light mode grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/a61e5b4e-9602-4faf-b7d5-62a3838961fd
  9. dual monitor to change to night light mode

dual monitor to change to night light mode: I've changed my laptop to night light mode however the monitor I have attached does not change. What needs to be done to have this view transfer over to the monitor....
  10. night light greyed out? Stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    night light greyed out? Stopped working: So I upgraded to creator update and tried the night light function once and it worked. Today it is greyed out and can not be enabled, anyone had this issue? 81333