Windows 10: Changing my HDD

Discus and support Changing my HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am changing my old SSD to a new M.2 SSD. I want to clean install my windows to the new ssd. I had purchased Win 8 then upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AngelosGeorgiou, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Changing my HDD

Hello everyone.

I am changing my old SSD to a new M.2 SSD.

I want to clean install my windows to the new ssd.

I had purchased Win 8 then upgraded for free to win 10.

I have my win 8 product key.

What is the procedure to remove windows from my old SSD and clean install them on my new M.2 SSD?

Thanks for your help.

:)

AngelosGeorgiou, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 20, 2020
  4. gygabite Win User

Changing my HDD

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Changing my HDD

1. Changing my HDD - Similar Threads - Changing HDD

2. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  3. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  4. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why won't my HDD let me change it's drive letter and how do I change what downloads to where.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my HDD let me change it's drive letter and how do I change what downloads to where.: Hi, I have a question about my pc. It has a 1TB HDD and a 1TB SSD. For some reason, everything at the start downloaded to the HDD which was also automatically labeled "C:". After activating the SSD, everything still downloads to the HDD. I want most of my downloads like games...
  6. Why won't my HDD let me change it's drive letter and how do I change what downloads to where.

Why won't my HDD let me change it's drive letter and how do I change what downloads to where.: Hi, I have a question about my pc. It has a 1TB HDD and a 1TB SSD. For some reason, everything at the start downloaded to the HDD which was also automatically labeled "C:". After activating the SSD, everything still downloads to the HDD. I want most of my downloads like games...
  7. Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...: HiI actually am updating my laptop with a new m 2 ssd and would like to know step by step process of changing settings in bios.I have been searching a lot but can't understand the management of bios settings in LENOVO LAPTOP.Pls if someone can help ......In how to change...
  8. Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...: HiI actually am updating my laptop with a new m 2 ssd and would like to know step by step process of changing settings in bios.I have been searching a lot but can't understand the management of bios settings in LENOVO LAPTOP.Pls if someone can help ......In how to change...
  9. Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...

10. Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct procedure to change from a hdd to an ssd on a laptop.: So, i want to upgrade my storage unit, from a hdd to an ssd on my laptop. And i want to know the correct way of doing it.I want to install a fresh solid state drive on my laptop, withouth any data loaded into it, i want to start from 0. I have heard something about gpt, but i...