Windows 10: Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

Discus and support Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft account but my wife has a Microsoft 365 family account. I would like to be on her Family account and stop my Individual Account. We... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GLM60, Jan 22, 2023.

1. GLM60 Win User

Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

I have a Microsoft account but my wife has a Microsoft 365 family account. I would like to be on her Family account and stop my Individual Account. We are unnecessarily paying for 2 separate Microsoft accounts Can I join her plan without losing my Data? Most worried about One Drive If I can change to her plan and not lose my data, how should I proceed?THX

:)

GLM60, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Tenforo Active Member

What is new in Microsoft 365 for individuals and families

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...-and-families/

Tenforo, Jan 22, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Changes in Microsoft family

Source: Microsoft account | Whats new for Microsoft family

Brink, Jan 22, 2023
  4. Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Another example of my confusion:

Step 1: Windows/Start button is pressed in the bottom left.

Step 2: Above "Power", "Settings", "Pictures" and "Documents" is my account/email address that I'm currently using to post this question with (which also is the Microsoft account I have my 365 subscription tied to). I click on my account with my personalized icon.

Step 3: Above "Sign out" and "Lock" is "Change account settings" which I click.

Step 4: I'm brought to "Your info" which has my personalized icon, correct email address, listed as the administrator too. I select "Manage my Microsoft account" and am taken to account.microsoft.com and logged in to the same correct email/account. I can see on this page my 365 family subscription is still active and fine.

Step 5: I go back to the "Your info" pop up settings window and below "Manage my Microsoft account" is another link to "Verify", of which I click.

Step 6: The small Microsoft Sign in window appears with prepopulated text saying that the same exact email address that I'm signed in on my computer using, (of which has active 365 subscription and has no issues seen on account.microosft.com when I log in) doesn't exist. The exact text is as follows and red: "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

Step 7: When trying to re-enter the same email address, and clicking "Next" in the bottom right of the window, the red text persists that the account doesn't exist.

I can't comprehend how my correct email address which has Microsoft subscriptions simply can't be found or 'doesn't exist'.

Apologies for the long-winded questions, but I'm trying to be as thorough as possible so that anyone can review this and hopefully have a better understanding of the issues I'm having. I'm getting a bit desperate to have this sorted out and any solutions would be extremely valuable to me.

RoyalTines, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

1. Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan. - Similar Threads - Changing Individual Microsoft

2. My microsoft account is not showing the family subscription I'm in for microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account is not showing the family subscription I'm in for microsoft 365: I just now reinstalled my windows as i upgraded my SSD to higher storage. i am in family subscription of MS 365 with my brother and my microsoft account is not showing that either. my brother said my MS account is still associated with the family account, i have no idea why...
  3. My microsoft account is not showing the family subscription I'm in for microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account is not showing the family subscription I'm in for microsoft 365: I just now reinstalled my windows as i upgraded my SSD to higher storage. i am in family subscription of MS 365 with my brother and my microsoft account is not showing that either. my brother said my MS account is still associated with the family account, i have no idea why...
  4. Microsoft 365 Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 Family: I have a Microsoft 365 family card, I am trying to locate the 25 character code to activate on my laptop, but all I see if the QR barcode, where is the 25 character code to setup on my laptop?...
  5. Microsoft 365 Family

Microsoft 365 Family: I have a Microsoft 365 family card, I am trying to locate the 25 character code to activate on my laptop, but all I see if the QR barcode, where is the 25 character code to setup on my laptop?...
  6. Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.: I have a Microsoft account but my wife has a Microsoft 365 family account. I would like to be on her Family account and stop my Individual Account. We are unnecessarily paying for 2 separate Microsoft accounts Can I join her plan without losing my Data? Most worried about One...
  7. Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.

Changing my Individual Microsoft account to an existing Microsoft 365 Family Plan.: I have a Microsoft account but my wife has a Microsoft 365 family account. I would like to be on her Family account and stop my Individual Account. We are unnecessarily paying for 2 separate Microsoft accounts Can I join her plan without losing my Data? Most worried about One...
  8. I want an individual microsoft not family

I want an individual microsoft not family: can someone help me I dont want the family account , i dont have a family and its too much for me to spend a month is there another individual or student account i could purchase...
  9. Microsoft 365 Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft 365 Family: I have a Microsoft 365 Family. I had share the plan with a family member for many years and now when he clicks on any of the Microsoft features, like world, excel, it says "couldn't verify subscription, sorry we couldn't verify your Office 365 subscription, so most features...
  10. What is new in Microsoft 365 for individuals and families

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Microsoft 365 for individuals and families: In the northern hemisphere, spring is upon us. Spring is often a time of anticipation for warmer weather and long days spent outside. And the anticipation is greater this spring as some parts of the world make progress against the COVID-19 pandemic, creating the possibility...