Windows 10: Changing my MOBO and CPU a

Discus and support Changing my MOBO and CPU a in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build. I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chris Anguiano, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO

• New Hardware

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470

This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

:)

Chris Anguiano, Oct 17, 2019
  2. antonrr90 Win User

Windows 10 pro re-activation after the cpu and mobo change

I'm going to be going through something similar, do you have a link to the step-by-step for deactivating the OS and reactivating it on the upgraded device? And all I am changing is the Mobo, CPU and memory, the original boot drive is still going to be
    used. Do you recommend a fresh install, or can I still boot from the drive as it is after the upgrade? Windows used to just recognize the change in the system, but not sure how it does this now days. Thanks.

antonrr90, Oct 17, 2019
  3. squeakit Win User
    Changing MOBO and CPU need help with windows

Hi, I am changing MOBO and CPU and on the MOBO i had before did have windows 10, so my question is do i need to buy a new windows 10 or will it automatically install windows 10 from my hard drive where its installed?

squeakit, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

Windows 10 pro re-activation after the cpu and mobo change

Hi,

For reactivating your Windows 10 after a hardware change, you can follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Let us know the outcome.

Gerardo Aqu, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

1. Changing my MOBO and CPU a - Similar Threads - Changing MOBO CPU

2. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  3. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade mobo and cpu: Hello im upgrading my motherboardand cpu,and my question is what i need to archivemaybe my windows?Also were I can find my windows key?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-mobo-and-cpu/62c21727-4492-4af4-87a4-eab84b67dd49
  4. Upgrade mobo and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation error after MOBO CPU change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation error after MOBO CPU change: Been using this key since 2015, changed the mobo a couple times already. Never had a problem. This week I finally got a new CPU and a new mobo and have an issue activating Windows 11 Pro: Error 0xC004C060HelpATTTiago Gass...
  6. Activation error after MOBO CPU change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation error after MOBO CPU change: Been using this key since 2015, changed the mobo a couple times already. Never had a problem. This week I finally got a new CPU and a new mobo and have an issue activating Windows 11 Pro: Error 0xC004C060HelpATTTiago Gass...
  7. Getting blue screen after changing cpu and mobo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting blue screen after changing cpu and mobo: Hi guys. Recently I upgraded my cpu and mobo and everything went normal. Didn't need to reinstall Windows, drivers, etc. But a day or two after changing cpu and mobo I started to have issues when booting the pc for the first time everyday. So basically was stuck on booting...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. CPU Mobo or MS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Mobo or MS?: Been reading forums for 5 days now on this hal.dll, pshed, ntsokrnl beast. All point to 3(+3) things, CPU MOBO and (3)drivers. So with tested memory (and swaps) tested SSD's (also swapped) and a fresh 10 install, no drivers, bios at defaults, every dump points to these same 3...
  10. Windows doesnt activate after mobo + cpu change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows doesnt activate after mobo + cpu change.: Hey, I today swapped from my AMD 8370 to an Intel Xeon 1231v3 and now when I'm trying to activate windows I get error with code: 0x8007232B. Do I need to reinstall windows or buy a new key what to activate with? 40254