Windows 10: changing my Office 365 account

Discus and support changing my Office 365 account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new Office 365 account, paid for with an annual subscription. However. my laptop defaults to my old account. Given that I no longer pay a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by starship1me, Oct 11, 2018.

1. changing my Office 365 account

I have a new Office 365 account, paid for with an annual subscription. However. my laptop defaults to my old account. Given that I no longer pay a monthly subscription for that account, it has restricted my use of word, excell etc.

All I want to do is use the new annual subscription on the new email address.

Cab anyone please HELP??!!!

Neil

:)

starship1me, Oct 11, 2018

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 11, 2018
  4. changing my Office 365 account

Change Device MS ID to Office 365 ID

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To switch the email user account at first you need to convert the current Microsoft account to local account and try log-in with Office 365 ID. Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.
    • Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.
    • Enter the password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once the user account is converted to the local account, you can convert the local account to Microsoft account using Office 365.

Hope this help. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

changing my Office 365 account

1. changing my Office 365 account - Similar Threads - changing Office 365

2. Windows Account versus Office 365 Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Account versus Office 365 Account: My mother-in-law purchased Microsoft 365 Family a few years ago and my wife and I are one of the members of her shared subscription. Question I have is when we launch let's say Excel I see my Microsoft account. When I launch Settings, it shows my mother-in-law's name and...
  3. Windows Account versus Office 365 Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Account versus Office 365 Account: My mother-in-law purchased Microsoft 365 Family a few years ago and my wife and I are one of the members of her shared subscription. Question I have is when we launch let's say Excel I see my Microsoft account. When I launch Settings, it shows my mother-in-law's name and...
  4. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  5. Name change from Office 365 to Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Name change from Office 365 to Microsoft 365: Hello: Please research-I re ordered 365 and noted an e-mail with name change microsoft365. How can I access this program. <PII Removed>? Thank you Ed Bell, Jr. ***Original title: <PII Removed>? updated subscription e-mail notified name change microsoft365 change...
  6. office 365 changed my login pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    office 365 changed my login pin: i used office for school once, and today when i opened up my laptop it said ‘your organization wants you to change your password’ or something similar. i logged in, but want my old pin back. How do i change my pin back? forgot to add: when i go into settings and try to...
  7. office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    office 365 account: I want to add a computer to my office 365 account. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-account/976e110e-fae8-43ab-9520-8b38d37744ac"
  8. Problem with Office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  9. Problem with Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  10. Change Office 365 subscription

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change Office 365 subscription: Hi, One member of my family who has office 365 Personal subscription on her laptop. She's the first one to try out the office 365. Later, I bought a office 365 home subscription for more than one users. And I was thinking of bringing her across from personal to our office...