Windows 10: Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions

Discus and support Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Received a PM asking me to update my specs to make it easier for people to reply. I go into my my profile, select system spec, and it just says OS: (in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willythecat, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions

Received a PM asking me to update my specs to make it easier for people to reply.
    I go into my my profile, select system spec, and it just says OS: (in bold) and then W10 (not in bold) on the next line.
    No way can this be edited. Ooh err?

Windows 10 (v19041.388)

Now I'm pretty new to W10 and am still learning things l would never have known before.
    Things seemed to have changed however.
    So let's say my system has crashed and there is no way into it.
    How do l now get in to try and get it back from a previous restore point.
    In W7 it used to be power on and keep tapping the F8 key, but this no longer works.
    And how do l now get into the bios to change the boot up drive.
    Regards

:)

willythecat, Aug 9, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions

1. Changing my profile on this site and also boot up questions - Similar Threads - Changing profile site

2. Boot Setting and back up Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Setting and back up Question: Hi all,I am trying to prepare upgrade to Window 11. I just found out that my Boot Manager is sitting in Disk A but Window is somehow located in Disk B. I try to changed the boot setting in BIOS to Disk B and it is not working and showing error of no boot manager. It is...
  3. Boot Setting and back up Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Setting and back up Question: Hi all,I am trying to prepare upgrade to Window 11. I just found out that my Boot Manager is sitting in Disk A but Window is somehow located in Disk B. I try to changed the boot setting in BIOS to Disk B and it is not working and showing error of no boot manager. It is...
  4. Boot Setting and back up Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have two profiles on boot up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  6. I have two profiles on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    I have two profiles on boot up: I have ignored this, but it's starting to bug me. I have a default MS profile that I log into, but on startup, there is two profiles. "See images." It wants to log into an account that is nonexistent on my system. I ran netplwiz on my MS profile so I can just boot to the...
  7. You're up to date. But also not? (probably a stupid question)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You're up to date. But also not? (probably a stupid question): [ATTACH] One of my machines gave this message to me when checking Windows update. Wha!? Winver.exe shows 1809 for this machine in particular (whereas my notebook shows 1909). I could swear these versions where upgraded through the normal operation of Windows Update (I...
  8. My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly: I tried to enable boot log and event log but am advised with Event Log "ERROR Browser connection has timed out over 3000ms." I use Google Chrome Can you help as I need to constantly reboot until this issue temporarily stops to allow me time to enter windows 10 to see what...
  9. Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflex Changed My Boot UP: After using Macrium Reflex Free version for several months I decided to purchase the Home edition. I did so and immediately found that when I boot, instead of going directly to Windows I am presented with a choice of continuing to boot to Windows or a Virtual Win PE...
  10. Boot Up Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Up Question ?: Hello, Trying to re-install W10 from what was, I believe, included in the internal software when I bought this Dell about 2 yrs ago. I was under the impression that there is a full version of W10 in the machine ? No luck. Can't even get to Safe Mode. But, when I...