Windows 10: Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

Discus and support Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ive been messing around with my computer lately on netplwiz, there is only one account which is my microsoft acount right? and so i changed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Timmy_622, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Timmy_622 Win User

Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

ive been messing around with my computer lately on netplwiz, there is only one account which is my microsoft acount right? and so i changed the username to something i like, saved that and this is where disaster happen.. I can't pass UAC run as administrator! It's missing the Yes option! im in panic right now looking for help, if you can please help me!I'll use cmd to demonstrateafter scanning finger

:)

Timmy_622, Jun 8, 2023
  2. aagha Win User

netplwiz not changing user account name

I'm logging into my Win11 (version 21H2) with my MS account. I noticed it created a user account folder for me:

C:\users\amagh

My typical usernames are 'amagha'

I went into netplwiz and changed the account name to my preference:

Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS... 375102d1663021613t-netplwiz-not-changing-user-account-name-netplwiz1.png

I restarted my machine.

However, when I go into User Profiles, the account appears as I'd like it to, but when I open a command prompt, I see the initial (abbrivated) username:

Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS... 375103d1663021705t-netplwiz-not-changing-user-account-name-userprofiles1.png

How can I get Windows to recognize the username change and have it reflect correctly in the command prompt?

aagha, Jun 8, 2023
  3. aagha Win User
    netplwiz not changing user account name

Thanks. I just tried that and after creating a local account with the username 'amagha', then logging back into the MS account, there's no change to the folder in C:\Users:

Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS... 375120d1663024700t-netplwiz-not-changing-user-account-name-localacct.png

aagha, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

1. Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS... - Similar Threads - Changing username netplwiz

2. unable to make user account control changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to make user account control changes: Why am I unable to make user account settings changes? It ask for admin but I am the admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-make-user-account-control-changes/494a4373-ce2d-46cd-9bb1-47116d54ad9e
  3. unable to make user account control changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to make user account control changes: Why am I unable to make user account settings changes? It ask for admin but I am the admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-make-user-account-control-changes/494a4373-ce2d-46cd-9bb1-47116d54ad9e
  4. Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...: ive been messing around with my computer lately on netplwiz, there is only one account which is my microsoft acount right? and so i changed the username to something i like, saved that and this is where disaster happen.. I can't pass UAC run as administrator! It's missing the...
  5. Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing my username in netplwiz makes me can't get over User Account Control Missing YeS...: ive been messing around with my computer lately on netplwiz, there is only one account which is my microsoft acount right? and so i changed the username to something i like, saved that and this is where disaster happen.. I can't pass UAC run as administrator! It's missing the...
  6. Changing username in netplwiz broke my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing username in netplwiz broke my password: Hi,I just used netplwiz to change my username. After doing so, I log out and went back to see if the change was visible. At that point I see on the lock screen that it still displays the old username. Strange. I type my password to log in and keep going, and ... "the password...
  7. User Account Control, missing YES box

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control, missing YES box: Hello, I have been trying to figure out how to get my Gmail off of my windows 10 profile and add my outlook email because I am using the new Xbox game pass app for PC and it keeps popping up with a notification that I am using 2 different accounts. I have tried to remove the...
  8. Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing: I Had this problem with netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' checkbox missing But according to my research, this is an issue for some users only with Build 2004.....thought it was due to a corrupt user profile......so did the suggested...
  9. User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User control access, NETPLWIZ, admin accounts: I am running Win10, home user version, build 18363. I am listed as an administrator, but I cannot do any of the functions, troubleshooting, etc. When I run NETPLWIZ or o to control panel and try to change the account type the User Access Control screen pops up and says to...
  10. User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button: Whenever I need administrator privileges, the UAC dialog that comes up is missing the "Yes" button and only shows a "No" button, so I cannot get to administrator mode. I think this has been the case since I installed the anniversary update. Apparently a similar problem is...