Windows 10: Changing name of home directory.

Discus and support Changing name of home directory. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bertilak, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Bertilak Win User

Changing name of home directory.

If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to change that.

:)

Bertilak, Feb 7, 2022

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Feb 7, 2022
  3. The directory name is invalid

Hi David,

Since you have rebuilt your computer, it may have made some changes or installed some updates that might be causing the error message "G: \The directory name is invalid". However, let's check if there is a device that you can remove in Safely Remove Hardware
    utility. Follow these steps to access the utility:

• Press the Windows icon + R on your keyboard.
    • Copy and paste this 'RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll".
    • Remove any device that you'll see in the utility.
    • Restart your computer, then observe if the issue will occur again.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Changing name of home directory. :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Changing name of home directory. - Similar Threads - Changing name home

2. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  3. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  4. How to change name in file directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change name in file directory: Hello, I've changed my name in my Microsoft account and computer settings, but some places such as my file paths still display my old name C:\Users\[oldname]; is there any way to change this or is this particular area not possible to change unless I reset the computer? I'm on...
  5. Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?

Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?: I just setup a new Surface Pro 7 and for some strange reason the user account name is zbern. This is the first 5 characters of my Microsoft email account. So, I followed 4 or 5 threads regarding resetting the account, none of which worked.My question is, if I reset my Surface...
  6. Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?: I just setup a new Surface Pro 7 and for some strange reason the user account name is zbern. This is the first 5 characters of my Microsoft email account. So, I followed 4 or 5 threads regarding resetting the account, none of which worked.My question is, if I reset my Surface...
  7. Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing name of home directory.

Changing name of home directory.: If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to...
  9. How to change the name in the user directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the name in the user directory: I tried using Regedit but then I can only access a temporary account. Command prompt doesn’t let me change user names despite running as admin. submitted by /u/showandabe [link] [comments]...
  10. Admin Directory Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Directory Name Change: I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I have two folders in the Windows/Users directory: "Public" and "WARNE". I want to change the name of the "WARNE" folder... I'm having no luck finding out how to do this... Please help... Thanks!...